Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The new Cadbury Creme Egg watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    love creme eggs, but it's chocolate, get over it.

ReputationRep:
    Creme eggs are so awkward to eat. Or maybe I just do it wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeanlucpicard)
    I really don't know what the fuss is all about with this Creme Egg malarkey, they taste exactly the same. The way to completely shake this up would be to create a dark chocolate or white chocolate one. Think of that - even then, I wouldn't be complaining!

People should start worrying more about the price of Freddo's going up rather than fussing over Creme Eggs.
    Dark chocolate creme eggs? This. has. to. happen. It would be :sogood:

(Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Creme eggs are so awkward to eat. Or maybe I just do it wrong.
    Whole egg in your mouth and eat away. Your face will make this expression :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I imagine they changed it to a cheaper alternative and reduced it to 5 eggs just as a way of making more money now that its owned by an American company. This is why Cadbury should never have sold out, just makes it another irrelevant brand now.

And yes, who does buy 5 eggs? This isn't possible in Britain and so creme eggs just looks stupid now, well done Kraft.

Ed

ReputationRep:
    I really don't know what the fuss is all about with this Creme Egg malarkey, they taste exactly the same. The way to completely shake this up would be to create a dark chocolate or white chocolate one. Think of that - even then, I wouldn't be complaining!

People should start worrying more about the price of Freddo's going up rather than fussing over Creme Eggs.
    A dark chocolate Creme egg would complete my life :nooo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    A dark chocolate Creme egg would complete my life :nooo:
    We might have to make this happen! Send me to Cadbury's!

ReputationRep:
    You'd be much better working with them. Your ideas are clearly wasted at TSR!

ReputationRep:

Those of us of *ahem* a certain vintage remember Border Creme Eggs, which had a chocolate filling and darker chocolate, wrapped in tartan tinfoil. Time to petition for their return...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadbury_Creme_Egg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    You'd be much better working with them. Your ideas are clearly wasted at TSR!
    Why thank you !

ReputationRep:
    I haven't tried them yet, but Cadbury Creme Eggs were the definition of perfection, so no doubt they are not as good.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I'll try the new one, if I don't like it, I guess I need to make clones of them.

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely tried something like that with Nestle once when I was drunk but it didn't work

I emailed them asking that they bring Citrus Polos back and they replied saying they wouldn't because there wasn't enough demand Even though I told them they could cure the World's diseases and bringing them back would bring World Peace.

Unfortunately we had to withdraw Citrus Polos from our range some time ago as sales were relatively low. It was a difficult decision for us because we are proud of all our products and do not like to disappoint our consumers. As far as we know, the brand teams have no plans at present to re-introduce this line, however we will pass your comments on to them.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by UniMastermindBOSS)
    I genuinely tried something like that with Nestle once when I was drunk but it didn't work

I emailed them asking that they bring Citrus Polos back and they replied saying they wouldn't because there wasn't enough demand Even though I told them they could cure the World's diseases and bringing them back would bring World Peace.

Citrus Polos were amazing!!! :gasp:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    Those of us of *ahem* a certain vintage remember Border Creme Eggs,
    My wife's first job after graduating was with Cadbury in Bournville. She could buy seconds from the factory for next to nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Citrus Polos were amazing!!! :gasp:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah they were so good. I can't believe they stopped making them but still make those nasty fruit Polos :confused:

(Original post by Good bloke)
    My wife's first job after graduating was with Cadbury in Bournville. She could buy seconds from the factory for next to nothing.
    Definitely wife material

ReputationRep:
    I don't see what the fuss is about.

That said I hate Creme Eggs so won't be trying it anyway...

ReputationRep:
    Am I right in my belief that those on the factory floor can eat as much as they like, but not take it away? And that after the first couple of weeks of frenzied face-stuffing, they go right off it? I remember hearing that from people who had been on factory tours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    Am I right in my belief that those on the factory floor can eat as much as they like, but not take it away? And that after the first couple of weeks of frenzied face-stuffing, they go right off it? I remember hearing that from people who had been on factory tours.
    Now, bearing in mind that this was a year or two ago now (!) and my memory of it may not be accurate, but I think this is a myth. Hygiene standards were very high indeed, far better than a modern hospital and I'm pretty sure any handling of the goods by human hand was forbidden. My wife tells me that the factory workers used the company shop just like all the rest of the staff, so it seems unlikely.

It may have been true in times before that, though, when less attention may have been paid to hygiene.

ReputationRep:
    Creme eggs are delicious, and thankfully they taste the same.

ReputationRep:
    Now, bearing in mind that this was a year or two ago now (!) and my memory of it may not be accurate, but I think this is a myth. Hygiene standards were very high indeed, far better than a modern hospital and I'm pretty sure any handling of the goods by human hand was forbidden. My wife tells me that the factory workers used the company shop just like all the rest of the staff, so it seems unlikely.

It may have been true in times before that, though, when less attention may have been paid to hygiene.
    Oh, I do hope it isn't a myth. I'm talking about when I was a kid, so we are talking a LONG time ago, certainly before Health and Safety regs ruled the world and possibly even before the invention of soap. Another bit of my childhood ruined...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.