Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Izxxx)
    Some people from my school said that Durham usually takes a very long time to reply. Someone said that they usually give offers at the end of March/mid April :/
    You never know tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well good luck anyway. If you do get an offer from Manchester and you chose that in the end, post back here and I'll see you in September

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marco14196)
    Well good luck anyway. If you do get an offer from Manchester and you chose that in the end, post back here and I'll see you in September
    Fingers crossed I will! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Izxxx)
    How is your experience so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well the experience is great! I love the course and everything. Nothing to complain about really.

As for the interview, they are mostly looking for your enthusiasm for the course. The only course related questions were about the things I was talking in my personal statement. They were also asking about things I like to do besides the course and that was kind of it. But again, the most important thing is to be really enthusiastic when talking about the course, to show your passion for it, but this should come naturally if you actually like it. I received my offer right after the interview, so I didn't have to wait at all

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi I applied for life science foundation too and had my interview on the 18th of feb! And was given an unconditional offer at the end of my interview. It's really quite relaxed, nothing to worry too much about! I have to say I really liked the days I spent up in Manchester and the university itself. I'm kind of on a gap year at the moment working, and will be 19 in august - so old :L I have an offer from Nottingham as well so now its just trying to decide which one to go to as i already have my a levels from last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emm-88)
    Hi I applied for life science foundation too and had my interview on the 18th of feb! And was given an unconditional offer at the end of my interview. It's really quite relaxed, nothing to worry too much about! I have to say I really liked the days I spent up in Manchester and the university itself. I'm kind of on a gap year at the moment working, and will be 19 in august - so old :L I have an offer from Nottingham as well so now its just trying to decide which one to go to as i already have my a levels from last year
    Congrats em, Ive got an unconditional offer too

ReputationRep:
    Congrats em, Ive got an unconditional offer too
    Great! Well done. Are you going to make it your firm?

ReputationRep:
    Great! Well done. Are you going to make it your firm?
    Already firmed it

ReputationRep:
    Aw cool, have you looked into accommodation too?

ReputationRep:
    Aw cool, have you looked into accommodation too?
    Ive sorted out my accommodation. looking at Ricbmond Park, Sheavyn House and Canterbury Court. You?

ReputationRep:
    I am very intrested in doing the foundation year in life science at Manchestre university, do you know by any chance after succefully completing the course would I be able to do the Bsc in Biomedical science, and is it achievable, as I am not doing any Science A level other than the BTEC subsidiary science with two other A levels. And do you know if this this course will be in extra?

Thank you in advance

ReputationRep:
    finally other people who are doing the foundation year. I messed up on my last chem exam due to a lot of bad things happening at the time of my exams but I was offered a place on this course that would allow me to move onto biochem
    what grades did you get in with? I'm hoping to do the same course. haven't had a good two years

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

I just graduated from the Life Sciences Foundation year (BSc Biology with Fnd Year) so if anyone has any questions...

ReputationRep:
    What is the difference between Life Science and Biomedical? Is Life Science a quicker route?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.