Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you look with different eyes on someone for being gay? Watch

ReputationRep:
    No, I wouldn't. I can't think of any reason why someone's sexuality would affect my view of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    answer honest please! I do not think you are homophobic if you do. Different view is not the same as negative view
    yes sometimes. but not in a bad way. if you know someone and they come out as gay then yes. in sports teams its particularly true. but with girls idk my ex was bi and i didnt give a f

ReputationRep:
    no, i wouldn't...

ReputationRep:
    no i don't give a flying **** about someone's sexuality

ReputationRep:
    Define "different eyes". This is situational, as a bisexual girl, because if a girl friend I found pretty announced herself as gay, I would probably have a pique in interest towards her, which is one way of seeing her differently. Or if a guy friend I found attractive announced himself to be gay, I would be like "oh ok so he's off limits then " and probably steer clear to make sure I don't develop feelings. If a girl said she was gay who I wasn't interested in i'd be like "oh ok" and just carry on as normal, as long as she wasn't hitting on me, in which case it'd be the same as if a male was hitting on me who I wasn't interested in, there'd be a polite rejection, that's all. And it'd just be as normal if a guy who I wasn't interested in was gay too. If it was a family member i'd be just as normal too. Maybe it's just because i'm bisexual though, I don't see any difference in the person, I've had bisexual urges since I was old enough to have such thoughts about anyone, and I don't think anyone else is any different either, it's just another personality trait, I think we make too big a deal of it, it's literally asking "what genitals do you prefer to have sex with", which to me is just the same as discussing a fetish someone has, it's just a part of their sex life, none of my business really unless I want to be having sex with them, or they want to be having sex with me, or both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaffaChan)
    Define "different eyes". This is situational, as a bisexual girl, because if a girl friend I found pretty announced herself as gay, I would probably have a pique in interest towards her, which is one way of seeing her differently. Or if a guy friend I found attractive announced himself to be gay, I would be like "oh ok so he's off limits then " and probably steer clear to make sure I don't develop feelings. If a girl said she was gay who I wasn't interested in i'd be like "oh ok" and just carry on as normal, as long as she wasn't hitting on me, in which case it'd be the same as if a male was hitting on me who I wasn't interested in, there'd be a polite rejection, that's all. And it'd just be as normal if a guy who I wasn't interested in was gay too. If it was a family member i'd be just as normal too. Maybe it's just because i'm bisexual though, I don't see any difference in the person, I've had bisexual urges since I was old enough to have such thoughts about anyone, and I don't think anyone else is any different either, it's just another personality trait, I think we make too big a deal of it, it's literally asking "what genitals do you prefer to have sex with", which to me is just the same as discussing a fetish someone has, it's just a part of their sex life, none of my business really unless I want to be having sex with them, or they want to be having sex with me, or both.
    Agreed with this. It is situational.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    answer honest please! I do not think you are homophobic if you do. Different view is not the same as negative view
    They're worse than homophobic, they're bigoted idiots if they do this. No, I wouldn't.

That is if they see them in a negative light purely based on homosexuality, of course.

ReputationRep:
    Course not, I have a pretty damn good freind that is gay, we regually take the piss out of him and joke about but I see and treat him just like anyone else... We go out for a drink etc just like I do with my other mates... Only thing I would say is sometimes I do have to watch what I say... Otherwise I forget all about it and just have a laugh

The same dude actually came out to our group at the local Starbucks... One quick glance at eachother, Congratulated/ bro hugged and we went back to what we were talking about.... I don't think anyone treats gay people differently, not that I've seen anyway

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.