Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingaaran)
    I did the exam last year, so can help anybody, if necessary.

If you have any questions, want me to check any essays you write or would just like some advice, then feel free to ask me.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey, which anthology section did you do?? I'm doing Woman in Black and Mister Pip too. Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aha1)
    Hey, which anthology section did you do?? I'm doing Woman in Black and Mister Pip too. Any ideas?
    I didn't do the poetry exam - I did the Shakespeare exam! But I have read the majority of the poems in the relationships cluster.

I haven't read either of your Unit 1 texts, so I can't help you there. Sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingaaran)
    I didn't do the poetry exam - I did the Shakespeare exam! But I have read the majority of the poems in the relationships cluster.

I haven't read either of your Unit 1 texts, so I can't help you there. Sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    aha no worries! to be honest i've scanned through the other anthologies and i'm pretty relieved to be doing relationships! the majority of the poems have pretty much the same underlying message...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aha1)
    aha no worries! to be honest i've scanned through the other anthologies and i'm pretty relieved to be doing relationships! the majority of the poems have pretty much the same underlying message...
    Yeah, most of them criticise the fickleness of love or emphasise the idea of 'carpe diem'...

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I took this exam last year and found these two apps from the apple store really helpful

Revise inspector calls free
    Revise of mice and men free

Another app that helped with this exam and others was GCSE Pod it costs money to access all the resources but you get some good info free

Best of luck with your exams

ReputationRep:
    Doing this exam too. OMAM, The crucible and Relationships Cluster.
    Got 40/40 in coursework but still scared
    Have predictions for poetry and the crucible but unsure about OMAM. Could be with Curley but have a massive feeling it will be Candy.

What are you all doing to prepare?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozmo19)
    Have predictions for poetry and the crucible but unsure about OMAM. Could be with Curley but have a massive feeling it will be Candy.

yeah it think its candy too

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone, for English Lit, I am studying AIC, OMAM and the Relationships Cluster. I did the Unit 1 Paper last week for a mock and I think I did pretty well! Anyone have any ideas of what will come up in the Unit 2 paper for the actual paper in June this year? Apparently, they will start from fresh because they have done all the poems from the relationships cluster so they are likely to choose anything, so I am really scared!

I personally hope that we get Nettles or To His Coy Mistress as I find these two poems relativity easy to talk about, though, any other, poem will be also reasonably easy to talk about despite the other clusters. For AIC, I hope they give us either a character like Eric and what Priestley might say about responsibility through him or a theme like Age and Class since gender came up in 2014.
    OMAM, I find the hardest to talk about. The novella is really easy so you would expect the questions they ask to be hard and they are so I have no idea of what they might ask us, it's just a process of revising everything!

Anyone agrees?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dawideksoltysik)
    Hi Everyone, for English Lit, I am studying AIC, OMAM and the Relationships Cluster. I did the Unit 1 Paper last week for a mock and I think I did pretty well! Anyone have any ideas of what will come up in the Unit 2 paper for the actual paper in June this year? Apparently, they will start from fresh because they have done all the poems from the relationships cluster so they are likely to choose anything, so I am really scared!

I personally hope that we get Nettles or To His Coy Mistress as I find these two poems relativity easy to talk about, though, any other, poem will be also reasonably easy to talk about despite the other clusters.
    To His Coy Mistress has never came up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlieecooperr)
    I did this last year, so I can help anyone if needed

How did you revsie for this exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aha1)

How are you revising for the women in black?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hello!123)
    How are you revising for the women in black?
    i've got a revision guide with a really detailed analysis of each chapter along with character and place analysis. I've also been given several revision booklet by my teacher. Basically just looking over them each night and i've also read the book four times. How about you?

ReputationRep:

I'm also doing the relationships cluster. What are your predictions? I've been told there's a short list of authors' for unseen but it's so hard to pinpoint which poem...

ReputationRep:
    You can't assume it won't come up this year then. In fact, it is more likely that it will come up on the June 2015 paper because it hasn't came up on the qualification yet at all.

By the way, are you sitting the exam this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dawideksoltysik)
    You can't assume it won't come up this year then. In fact, it is more likely that it will come up on the June 2015 paper because it hasn't came up on the qualification yet at all.

By the way, are you sitting the exam this year?
    I am sitting this exam in June 2015 and i do believe, statistically speaking, that To his Coy Mistress will be one of the two named poems.

Can i ask, where did i ever say that i thought it wouldn't come up?
    I made no assumption what so ever like the one you are accusing me of. Your comment actually shocks me. I replied to a message that said all poems have came up and i corrected it. What are you trying to accomplish through this message? Your stupidity?

And by the way, earlier you are the one who said all had came up... now your are correcting yourself as well?

ReputationRep:
    I am sitting this exam in June 2015 and i do believe, statistically speaking, that To his Coy Mistress will be one of the two named poems.

Can i ask, where did i ever say that i thought it wouldn't come up?
    I made no assumption what so ever like the one you are accusing me of. Your comment actually shocks me. I replied to a message that said all poems have came up and i corrected it. What are you trying to accomplish through this message? Your stupidity?

And by the way, earlier you are the one who said all had came up... now your are correcting yourself as well?
    Sorry, I wasn't meant to come across this way. I indeed correct myself but there is no need to be this level of rude. Maybe the way I phrased myself could have come a bit rude to you and I am sincerely sorry but there is no need to say that I am trying to 'accomplish my stupidity', because I am not.

ReputationRep:
    AQA GCSE-Relationships cluster: Brothers and In Paris with you have never come. I predict these will come up, so I'm only going to revise these

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea what the unseen poem will be in June 2015 AQA GCSE English lit??

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have any reasoned predictions for

An Inspector Calls

Of mice and men

Poetry Conflict

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE student 1)
    AQA GCSE-Relationships cluster: Brothers and In Paris with you have never come. I predict these will come up, so I'm only going to revise these
    But aren't these only going to come up on the foundation paper?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.