Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Student loan gone into the wrong account!!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackunicorn20)
    Hey, my issue was resolved after a long 3 months, I actually got someone from a newspaper (a financial advisor) to help me and she did, you have to deal with your banks complaint department aswell (I know it's not there fault but that department can help you a bit more).
    Wow thanks so much for a fast response. Was it a local newspaper? That was a last resort of mine, didn't want everyone in the community knowing my business haha.

I have a guy at natwest contacting complaints for me as we speak this week so fingers crossed.

Do you know what the newspaper person did? and did the person with your money spend it?

thank you so much it's nice to speak to someone who can relate

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I see this post is a while back but I wonder how you got on.

My situation is very similar to yours. After three and a half months SF have finally let me know that the second trace they set up (the first one went to the wrong department at Glasgow apparently!) has come back and the person who received my money has offered to pay it back in installments. I am yet to find out what those installments are but I am extremely worried they will just stop paying and I am back to square one. I know the account sort code and number the money has gone to. I have no confidence that SF will try and get this money repaid. What happened next to you? Did you hire a solicitor to recover your money?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hii, mine was sorted after 3 months, I had to get a financial reporter from the guardian to help because student finance wasn't willing to do much after they claimed all 3 trace memos had failed! If say stay on the banks and sf case, try and deal with the complaints department on both sides because they can help you more. If not do what I did and maybe try and bring in a financial advisor reporter or something
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    This is an old thread. Going to close this one now.

Please feel free to start your own thread.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.