Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I wear make up because I enjoy wearing make up, I don't understand how my interest in make up relates to my culture and education? There is no link between them.
    You will find girls, who are educated and doing well in education, wearing make up and vice versa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydamber)
    Don't assume that a woman who wears make up and whatever clothes that make her feel good is uncultured and uneducated.
    That's true, she could just be ugly.

There's definitely some women out there who wear make up because they know their face looks like 40 miles of bad road when they don't have it on.

ReputationRep:
    I find applying makeup a bit of an art and quite therapeutic and like how many different 'looks' you can create depending on the occasion, your midd or outfit.

Don't usually bother with much more than bb cream for everyday though.

ReputationRep:
    Contrary to popular belief, I've met more girls who wear make up for themselves than to impress guys.

My own reasons though:
    I feel better about myself.
    I feel more expressed.
    Routine.
    Gives me something to do while I'm still trying to get up in the morning.
    I wasnt implying that, sorry

Doesn't it take like 45 mins though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)

There's definitely some women out there who wear make up because they know their face looks like 40 miles of bad road when they don't have it on.
    No comments from guys unless they wear it plz, I want opinions from the females :hat2:

ReputationRep:
    I wear it because it gives me more confidence. I don't wear foundtion, just a little bit of concealer, mascara and usually winged eyeliner - takes me less than 2 minutes

ReputationRep:
    i don't wear make up because i don't like it.
    girls wear make up because they want to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryDn)
    Thread change btw...

Everyone please state their OWN and PERSONAL reasons, guys do not comment unless you wear makeup too (no homo) (slight homo) (100% homo)
    Who says "homo" these days?

And I don't often wear it. I only do when I'm going out to like a party or date, because networking and men subconsciously appreciate the effort on dates, and that is just regular liner, shadow and lippy. I personally don't need it. Not really. I mean I have some spots but I find no one has insulted my spots since I was like 12. So whatever.

Also, I know men who value me natural. I don't wear makeup because of hygiene like it cakes in, and then I just like being told my natural traits are beautiful. All done and made up of course you'll look nice, so you're just comping my make up. :confused:

I feel women do it to feel prettier. They are either hiding spots and blemishes and unevenness of skin tone, etc.,

or they are just enhancing what is already pretty.

Others probably are just feminine and girly and just like pampering aka vanity in the mirror. But...it is called a vanity set so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryDn)
    I wasnt implying that, sorry

Doesn't it take like 45 mins though?
    Nope. 10 minutes at most for me, but I don't wear much.

It takes me longer to get out of bed. Haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I could never be bothered wearing makeup every day, and I'm actually aiming to go the whole of January without wearing it at all! BUT, I like putting in the effort occasionally when I go out to a nice meal, or out with friends etc. It makes me feel more confident and I like how it makes certain features stand out ie eyes and lips. I think makeup is great, but I do worry when girls become so dependant on it they feel they can't go out without it on etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)

So charming.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Because they're insecure

Inb4 I wear it because I want to
    Inb4 I don't wear make up for other people

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I wear it because the application time, about twenty minuets in the morning, is the only peaceful part of the day. Headphones in, and do my make-up on auto pilot.
    Also, I just helps me express however i'm feeling that day, in the same way my choice of jeans do. I agree with the person who said that it's therapeutic.
    However, the comments about "dolly birds" (not gonna lie, I love that term, I think it's hilarious. :lol:) essentially being stupid. There is a correlation, but the key is to find the girls with balance.

ReputationRep:
    So charming.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The truth often isn't charming, but it's always right.

ReputationRep:
    Contrary to popular belief, I've met more girls who wear make up for themselves than to impress guys.

My own reasons though:
    I feel better about myself.
    I feel more expressed.
    Routine.
    Gives me something to do while I'm still trying to get up in the morning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I go to bobbie brown for my make up, where do you go for yours?

ReputationRep:
    I wear make up to cover up spots, marks or anything that I feel can be covered more with make-up.
    I also feel more better in myself knowing I have make-up on and feel good about myself as it covers most of what I hate up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesNeedHelp2)
    I go to bobbie brown for my make up, where do you go for yours?
    Generally unbranded stuff, as I don't have a lot of money.

But. I love Rimmel! And I've never tried any, but Lime Crime make up looks amazing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dani California)
    Personally, I wear it because the application time, about twenty minuets in the morning, is the only peaceful part of the day. Headphones in, and do my make-up on auto pilot.
    Also, I just helps me express however i'm feeling that day, in the same way my choice of jeans do. I agree with the person who said that it's therapeutic.
    However, the comments about "dolly birds" (not gonna lie, I love that term, I think it's hilarious. :lol:) essentially being stupid. There is a correlation, but the key is to find the girls with balance.
    I cant do my own make up,i have to go to the make up artists for mine. But i am always pleased with the end result. 20 mins must be really time consuming...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gambit92)
    Because they're insecure

Inb4 I wear it because I want to
    Inb4 I don't wear make up for other people
    I'll be the first to admit it, I am insecure. And I feel more secure when wearing make up. So really I am doing it because I want to, and for myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Generally unbranded stuff, as I don't have a lot of money.

But. I love Rimmel! And I've never tried any, but Lime Crime make up looks amazing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I dont know much about make up, as i am a guy, but that does not stop me from having some on.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.