Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you develop feelings for someone by just having one conversation?? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    People fall in love in mysterious ways, maybe just the touch of a hand

(Original post by plasmaman)
    Well, me—I fall in love with you every single day
    And I just wanna tell you I am
    So honey now, take me into your loving arms, kiss me under the lights of a thousand stars, place your head on my beating heeearrttttt

ReputationRep:
    This is possible,it's how I developed feelings for my first ex,it sounds so cringy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissLalaxx)
    Not internet dating or anything just a random conversation. Can you develop feelings so quickly or is it strange?
    Yes, been there done that got the T-shirt

ReputationRep:
    Ive had two conversations, though they wer on the same day, just maybe4hrs apart. so yeah
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    It can happen. You can see someone hot and instantly want to bed them/makeout with them but usually it takes alcohol to take the plunge there. :cheers:

ReputationRep:
    It can, it's just stupid rare

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammie123)
    So you liked this girl even though you never spoke to her, but based on how she behaved around others and what you hear?
    Just the way she acted and carried herself was attractive to me. I'd spoke to her briefly but almost straight away I knew I wanted to talk to this person a lot more and get to know them.

I believe that you could develop feelings overtime when speaking to someone through the internet has happened in the past with me. Not sure about one convo though maybe if it was through skype or msn back in the days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Das Auto)
    Just the way she acted and carried herself was attractive to me. I'd spoke to her briefly but almost straight away I knew I wanted to talk to this person a lot more and get to know them.
    What did you guys talk about? Was it personal or just stuff acquaintances talk about (,like work or how's everything going sort of thing)? This might help me predict where it could end up going for me people are telling me not to get my hopes too high and that once we talk on a more personal level my feelings could just vanish (and his too), but I hope not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammie123)
    What did you guys talk about? Was it personal or just stuff acquaintances talk about (,like work or how's everything going sort of thing)? This might help me predict where it could end up going for me people are telling me not to get my hopes too high and that once we talk on a more personal level my feelings could just vanish (and his too), but I hope not
    Just general chit chat really and then work, studying and things we liked such as sports, movies etc.

ReputationRep:
    I've decided I've fancied people without even having any form of proper conversation with em.

Wears off after a day or two but yeah, stuff like that happens.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/11/fa...-or-small.html

ReputationRep:
    I might try this.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.