Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you like to live till 160? watch

ReputationRep:
    Depends on my health but probably not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No. It would be heartbreaking to keep seeing family members and friends die. Just that constant cycle of the younger generations living and dying whilst you remain. It would be awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    No. It would be heartbreaking to keep seeing family members and friends die. Just that constant cycle of the younger generations living and dying whilst you remain. It would be awful.
    Exactly, thats why I'm surprised when people say they would. You wouldn't be able to connect properly with anyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I don't want to be older than 70.

ReputationRep:
    If I could still walk with relative ease, was in good health and had all my senses then perhaps. I just think it would interesting seeing how humanity progresses, how culture and language evolves, how politics continues, the effects of global warming and what not throughout the years. But it would be pretty terrible if you outlived all your family and friends. Plus I think I'd be a bit of a drain on society being on a pension for 92 years.

ReputationRep:
    No 160 is too much. I want to live till 70. Other than that il just be living a miserable life

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    assuming you didn't loose your marbles, you'd end up watching everyone you ever cared about dying, and then their kids and have no-one of anything like your own generation to talk to.

you'd be trapped on your own in a world you increasingly don't understand for decades with nothing to do but scare yourself with daily mail headlines about muslims giving you teh cancer.

ReputationRep:
    To do what? To watch myself slowly die and grotesquely evade death for the last abnormal, unnecessary 60 years?

ReputationRep:
    The glorious, beautiful, almighty Bible gave us 3 score and 10 (60 years). Anything else is just stubborn longevity. Die already. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    If they are replacing body parts like it's nothing by the time we're old and that means we can live stupidly long, then god dammit I'm gonna give it a shot. All this 3D stem cell bioprinting stuff sounds like it could allow this one day. I've got no hope for any sort of afterlife so I aim to linger here as long as I can manage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SnoochToTheBooch)
    If they are replacing body parts like it's nothing by the time we're old and that means we can live stupidly long, then god dammit I'm gonna give it a shot. All this 3D stem cell bioprinting stuff sounds like it could allow this one day. I've got no hope for any sort of afterlife so I aim to linger here as long as I can manage.
    if medical science advances that far that 160 years becomes fairly common we're in for some interesting times...
    if you retire, how are people 100 years younger than you going to feel about paying your medical bills and pension?
    if you keep working till you drop how are people 100 year younger than you going to feel about having you hogging a job and blocking up the career ladder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pocahontas lol)
    The glorious, beautiful, almighty Bible gave us 3 score and 10 (60 years). Anything else is just stubborn longevity. Die already. :rolleyes:
    Don't you mean 70?
    Anyways I would rather not die old.

ReputationRep:
    Last I checked 3 score and 10 makes 70.

ReputationRep:
    Oh sorry - I didn't notice the other comment.

ReputationRep:
    If all it amounts to is slowly going bat**** insane in a care home for a few decades, then I'll gladly give it a miss. Once you're merely existing rather than actually living, then what's the point?

ReputationRep:
    No thanks. Being retirement age for nigh-on a century would be a nightmare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tradingmyheartforyours)
    Don't you mean 70?
    Anyways I would rather not die old.
    No. It's 60. That's what Google said. And I'm sticking to it. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    Last I checked 3 score and 10 makes 70.
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    Oh sorry - I didn't notice the other comment.
    I don't get it.
    Are you implying that I double-posted.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how old and wrinkley i get.
    If i manage to look 35 at 120 then YUP:rock:

ReputationRep:
    142 more years of dealing with human stupidity? I think not.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.