Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you react when you're dumped? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I dumped a girl when I was in year six because she wanted to kiss me. I confessed I was only using her for sweets. I broke her heart and she karate kicked me in my private region.

ReputationRep:
    Never got dumped but If I did I would show no emotion. I have too much pride.

ReputationRep:
    With regard to your girlfriend, OP, I'd imagine she had been expecting it. You say you put a lot of thought into it, so I'd imagine she could probably already sense there was something not working in the relationship, and wasn't unprepared.

I've never been dumped, but I have had a similar experience. I took it very well at the time, but it did get to me later. It's possible that's what has happened with your girlfriend too - some people just aren't the type to break down immediately, but that doesn't mean they don't care.

All the best, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably about to be dumped , in a 3 year relationship, and I've already been crying for days haha so if we can't repair it and the dumping part actually happens I'll probably cease to exist for a few days or something cause I can't imagine that, feels like I'm dying each day already

ReputationRep:
    Some interesting replies. Thanks!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    I have obviously left you speechless. You got to go out with me now. Dems the rules.
    Aw okay then :rolleyes:. Cute cats in hoodies are my weakness. Maybe we were just destined to be...

ReputationRep:
    I dunno I've never experienced it, depends what the reason was I guess. I think I'd probably take it on the chin though & not try & explain why they're making a mistake or anything.

ReputationRep:
    it completely depends - rejection is ****ing soul destroying at times where you *really* like the person, especially when they used to like you the same way (long story for me), but sometimes, e.g. if you've already banged them, it's much more comfortable because you feel as i you grabbed the goods before you ran :lol:

ReputationRep:
    nada

**** happens

ReputationRep:
    Cry about it, eat a lot of food maybe drink a bottle or 4 of wine.

That sort of stuff, yeah...........

ReputationRep:
    I watch Pride and Prejudice over and over again in a dark room with a bottle of rum and some ice cream. Repeat for the next 4-ish days.

It's really sad that this is true.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I almost got dumped once by my ex (who I broke up with shortly after) and I freaked out and bawled and cried until he changed his mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I reacted by going on a week long bender, taking up smoking and pretending I didn't care :lol: Pretty pointless self-destructive behaviour to be honest, but it was kinda fun.

ReputationRep:
    I've actually only been dumped in my last two realtionships. Previous to that I'd always the one who initiated the breakup or they just generally fell apart.

After about 2 weeks on the first occasion the ex begged to get together, but by then I'd realised how poisonous and unhealthy the relationship was and decided, you know what I don't want this.

The latest one was a bit funny, I missed her like hell and was really confused with how out of the blue it was. However afetr a few drunken messages I'm over her and look back smiling seeing I was lucky to get away knowing what I know now (thanks to mates). Plus finding out your school crush *still* fancies you on new years helps you get over things

Dumped... I do the dumping not them but I still get drunk and do stupid things when I dump someone, it's like I hate being alone

ReputationRep:
    We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

(Original post by pocahontas lol)
    I contemplate suicide.

Any other questions?
    Whhaaa?

ReputationRep:
    "Well... ****".

ReputationRep:
    I would recognise that it must have not been working out the way I thought it was and think of it as a learning experience, moving on happily with my life.

Kidding. I've never been dumped, so I don't know, but I can imagine that it would be totally devastating. It wouldn't just be the loss of someone I love, it would be the loss of the entire future we have planned together. It would feel like the rug had been pulled out from under my feet as I would have to reconsider absolutely everything about my life and my plans and I can imagine that I would feel utterly miserable and lost and lonely. My god, it really doesn't bear thinking about - please let my boyfriend never leave me!!!

Anyway, as for your own situation, OP, I can't help feeling that since you were the one who dumped her, you don't really get to judge how she reacts. Regardless of whether she is putting on a front or not, you left her: don't think about her, don't worry about her, get on with your own life.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg2YcHzf20k I send them this song

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baloney)
    I'm interested to know how people react when they are 'dumped', the reason I ask is that I recently broke up with my girlfriend of 4 years and her response shocked me, she acted as if she didn't care. Whether this was just a visage to cover how she really felt, I don't know. But it wasn't an easy break up on my behalf, it took a lot of thought and guts to do. (Baring in mind we had been together for 4 years, you'd have thought she'd have shown a little more emotion and fight)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :excited:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.