Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    No, I've heard nothing back yet other than confirmation that they've received my application. Have they arranged an interview with you?

ReputationRep:
    I had a telephone interview, but I suppose I was ahead of the pack when I applied.

ReputationRep:
    Do they always conduct the interviews by telephone? How did it go?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, i guess it differs between departments. It went well I guess, I've received an unconditional offer that I've firmed. So what are you doing with yourself at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    Working full time currently, how about you? Was it history you've applied for?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it was history. I'm also in full-time employment. It's going to be a huge culture shock.

ReputationRep:
    Fingers crossed I'll be joining you in the culture shock. Glad to see that other people around my age and coming from a similar situation are applying.

ReputationRep:
    It's definitely a lot more difficult, leaving a job and an income to study.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I applied in November for General Engineering Foundation! Still haven't heard anything back yet.

My friend on my course applied January 10th for the same (Engineering Foundation) and got an unconditional today!

Durham hate me... hahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lsaul95)
    Hey guys,

I applied in November for General Engineering Foundation! Still haven't heard anything back yet.

My friend on my course applied January 10th for the same (Engineering Foundation) and got an unconditional today!

Durham hate me... hahahahaha
    Hi there! Wow, they must have really liked your friend!
    I applied in early December for Engineering with Foundation and haven't heard back either. Really, really nervous here! I guess Durham hates me too!
    Have you had an interview?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe your friend was just exactly what they have been looking for and gave him an offer quickly, they don't hate you, don't worry, i remember i read on Durham website that they divide the applications into 3 pools,, https://www.dur.ac.uk/learningandtea...dbook/1/2/1/5/ , look at number 9. your friend must have been in that third pool which exceeds their required expectations so they gave him an offer so fast as it is stated in their handbook. you must be in that middle pool as they haven't rejected you straightaway which would have been the case if you were in the first pool, so not receiving an offer or a rejection yet could be a could sign, and they are considering your application i wish you both luck... and offers.

ReputationRep:
    Omar, that's great information! I understand better now... So waiting longer may be a good sign after all I'm still checking my Ucas Track every 30 seconds though haha
    Good luck with your application too!

ReputationRep:
    Haha i know the feeling, i am doing the same i should probably focus on studying for the time being and leave ucas for a bit:')
    which college have you applied for ?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I should probably do the same haha
    I couldn't resist applying to University College, even though I know it's a popular choice and there's great chance I could end up somewhere else. But all colleges seem great, so I wouldn't mind that at all!
    I see you're from Egypt! So cool! I'm international too. Have you applied to any other uni?

ReputationRep:
    I applied to three other unis but they are all very far behind durham, I applied to Southampton, Essex and Hull. but in case, god forbid, Durham rejected me, and even if i received offers from all the other three, i will apply to warwick, but its application is direct not through ucas, and see where it goes. I just fear i get rejected everywhere :/

ReputationRep:
    where are you from btw ?

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad I don't need to keep checking track anymore, it was sending me grey!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by "Maturestudent")
    I'm glad I don't need to keep checking track anymore, it was sending me grey!
    Hahaha lucky you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3OmarYoussef)
    I applied to three other unis but they are all very far behind durham, I applied to Southampton, Essex and Hull. but in case, god forbid, Durham rejected me, and even if i received offers from all the other three, i will apply to warwick, but its application is direct not through ucas, and see where it goes. I just fear i get rejected everywhere :/
    I now what you mean... But don't worry, I'm sure you'll be fine
    I got a rejection from Southampton, probably because of difference in education systems, which has been a problem for me on applying to foreign colleges. I'm from Brazil. That makes me even more nervous about Durham!
    Anyway, I hope you get accepted to all of those, specially Durham!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not that interested in Southampton and from what i see Durham is a hundred times better so dont worry about Southampton. i know the whole application thing must have been tough for oyou too, i struggled a lot :/ i hope we both get accepted at Durham, i dont really care about all the other three.
    I think universities should understand how hard it is for us, international students, and how time exhausting the application could be, when we dont have many people to help us, and especially in our final school year which requires a lot of school work :/ the grades that Durham require are quite okay, not hard to get, so the only problem is me getting accepted in the first place, but i know how motivated i will be and how hard i will work for the rest of this year if i got accepted.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.