Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

#angrywhiteAndproud watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Have you seen the half Irish and half italian guy complaining about immigration?
    I haven't watched it myself yet, got it recorded, but I've seen the ad which helped me clip on to what this show was about. This is the type of show that UKIP would capitalise upon. UKIP frighten because they are using immigration arguments that are not wholesome and fully thought out to blame Britain's problems on foreigners, they use pretty racist arguments to take advantage of the older racist generations(believe they are) and the lower classes who blame immigrants for the lack of jobs in the country(which is not fully true at all). I fear UKIP. They remind me of the Nazi party a bit but they are hiding a lot of their true intention behind a veiled curtain.

ReputationRep:
    While it's unfortunate that they act in such a way, the guy at the beginning is right to say that Islamaphobia is what is fueling these people. I myself have little issue with mass immigration but i don't consider Islam compatible with British society, not that i'd join such crass movements against it.

ReputationRep:
    I watched the last half of it. Great entertainment. Who's going to take those people seriously? Violent scum.

ReputationRep:
    #angrywhiteandproud #embarrasing #radical #dangerous #uneducated and that's the so called people of England. I'm ashamed and shocked. the likes of EDL
    What exactly, is wrong with being white, proud and angry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    While it's unfortunate that they act in such a way, the guy at the beginning is right to say that Islamaphobia is what is fueling these people. I myself have little issue with mass immigration but i don't consider Islam compatible with British society, not that i'd join such crass movements against it.
    Why do you not think that islam is not compatible with british society?

ReputationRep:
    Yes and one of them is half irish and half italian and another has a father from Cyprus yet they complain about immigration.

ReputationRep:
    #angrywhiteandproud #embarrasing #radical #dangerous #uneducated and that's the so called people of England. I'm ashamed and shocked. the likes of EDL
    What on earth is with all the hashtags? This isnt twitter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesNeedHelp2)
    Why do you not think that islam is not compatible with british society?
    Because Muslims segregate themselves and congregate, a proportion of them are at least sympathetic to terrorism, others want Sharia Law and the like (we already have Sharia councils for civil disputes), it's a religion which is in very few ways liberal and the more we bring in, the more they breed. I often feel like many of them ally with other Muslims over Britain.

I just don't see the benefit to them and i don't think we need them when there are 6 billion non Muslims to choose from.

While i don't like nationalist groups, the programme did show that Muslim cleric for example and people with extremist views.

I'm not suggesting we deport people, just that i agree we should stop allowing them in.

ReputationRep:
    Unhappy with the immigrant when he himself is one, he's not even English
    Hmm...

well...

considering the history between English and Irish...

&The Irish are upset about Pakistanis in Ireland as well. Which is far more understandable. As far as the EDL, I hear they are "letting" Irish join, of course, to hide their otherwise anti-Irish sentiments. But as I told the Irishman I know who supports Tommy Robinson of the EDL: at the end of the day, no matter if English like Irish or not, the two can come together and push out Pakistanis.

ReputationRep:
    Because Muslims segregate themselves and congregate, a proportion of them are at least sympathetic to terrorism, others want Sharia Law and the like (we already have Sharia councils for civil disputes), it's a religion which is in very few ways liberal and the more we bring in, the more they breed. I often feel like many of them ally with other Muslims over Britain.

I just don't see the benefit to them and i don't think we need them when there are 6 billion non Muslims to choose from.

While i don't like nationalist groups, the programme did show that Muslim cleric for example and people with extremist views.

I'm not suggesting we deport people, just that i agree we should stop allowing them in.

Now im definately not attending Oxford university, after reading your nonsensical, judgemental, subjective, litter.

I have highlighted your filth in bold. Rethink your opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesNeedHelp2)
    Now im definately not attending Oxford university, after reading your nonsensical, judgemental, subjective, litter.

I have highlighted your filth in bold. Rethink your opinion.
    How about you instead tell me why you consider a not overly controversial opinion "filth" and what benefits these people provide?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pocahontas lol)
    Hmm...

well...

considering the history between English and Irish...

&The Irish are upset about Pakistanis in Ireland as well. Which is far more understandable. As far as the EDL, I hear they are "letting" Irish join, of course, to hide their otherwise anti-Irish sentiments. But as I told the Irishman I know who supports Tommy Robinson of the EDL: at the end of the day, no matter if English like Irish or not, the two can come together and push out Pakistanis.
    Unless you mean gypsies then i've never heard of this personally (more common from Irish to English i think). I myself don't consider Ireland to be a foreign land, they are lost brethren and it is a great shame that we are not one still.

ReputationRep:
    Better than #WhoIsMuhammad with positive responses...

ReputationRep:
    Just watched it, some crazy stuff.... A real eye opener

ReputationRep:
    Unless you mean gypsies then i've never heard of this personally (more common from Irish to English i think). I myself don't consider Ireland to be a foreign land, they are lost brethren and it is a great shame that we are not one still.
    I always get into this argument and I feel it is just plain denial. Denial from English of how Irish were treated by English, and denial from Irish that they were treated this way. Irish in Ireland are far more aware of the history and how it contributes to their modern conditions.

And not just the gypsies, seriously. And I'm sure people probably aren't even aware of why they are gypsies and why the government has such a problem with them. They are just used to insulting them.

But part of me thinks I even care (generally I DON'T) because I have deep feelings for an Irishman. I find myself parroting him. But there are facts that I can present and that you can find out for yourself as well
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I think it was pretty interesting. I liked that the documentary maker didn't really try to challenge their views but asked them why they thought that way, apart from a couple of times when he asked stuff along the lines of "but isn't that racist?". That particular question is a bit silly considering these people really don't care if they are called racist or not.

I did however notice something interesting. The golden dawn supporter started a fight with a guy in a black teeshirt outside a pub/bar. I'm about 90% sure the teeshirt was of a band which (allegedly, but very likely) has a white supremacist in it. I've not gone and played that scene back on 4od yet to check, but if I'm right it could be at odds with what that person believes, or what the documentary said about them being antifa.

EDIT: Checking it now...I forgot 4od stops working if you have adblocker on...hello sitting through 3 minutes of mandatory adverts at each break, most of which I saw already when I watched it the first time.

EDIT2: Can confirm, is a Wodensthrone shirt:

Kind pleased I spotted that as it's not exactly easy to see.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    What is it, more fake reality tv? Not that I'm going to bother watching it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Lol Collin, I'd snap his arms in half. Looks like a twig.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pocahontas lol)
    I always get into this argument and I feel it is just plain denial. Denial from English of how Irish were treated by English, and denial from Irish that they were treated this way. Irish in Ireland are far more aware of the history and how it contributes to their modern conditions.

And not just the gypsies, seriously. And I'm sure people probably aren't even aware of why they are gypsies and why the government has such a problem with them. They are just used to insulting them.

But part of me thinks I even care (generally I DON'T) because I have deep feelings for an Irishman. I find myself parroting him. But there are facts that I can present and that you can find out for yourself as well
    I don't deny that we caused them to leave, that's one of the few acts i consider shameful for Britain given that we were one. But that's no reason for us to dislike each other now and it does not change the fact that the Irish are not that different to us.

ReputationRep:
    "What's the difference between us and immigrants? "

"We work "

is the Italian guy suggesting muslim immigrants don't work?

lol.

As usual, uneducated weirdos

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.