Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Machete Wielding Man Screaming "White Power" Attacks Shopper in Tesco watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Leonidas)
    You're right.

But I'm pretty sure I saw you post something about suffering from depression and nobody knows about it. Perhaps it would help if you did not make threads about such negative issues, such as sluts, white supremacy and racism.

Surely it just makes you feel worse

On a lighter note, I also used to do Tae-Kwon-Do, I got up to black belt

And no, I haven't stalked your profile, I like to see what kind of societies people join:holmes:
    What can I say,I like having debates about these sorts of issues. It's interesting to see what people have to say about them and what the hell has my depression got to do with it?
    Lol you've so been stalking but it's cool,At least you've been honest about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    What can I say,I like having debates about these sorts of issues. It's interesting to see what people have to say about them and what the hell has my depression got to do with it?
    Lol you've so been stalking but it's cool,At least you've been honest about it
    Fair enough.

No, actually I haven't:unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough.

No, actually I haven't:unimpressed:
    Yes you have my greek friend
    Oh I can speak abit of greek..

ReputationRep:
    Yes you have my greek friend
    Oh I can speak abit of greek..
    I'm not actually Greek, I live in Birmingham:teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by broscience123)
    The attacker wasn't brown, so this will not be classed as terrorism.
    Nope, it will be classed as racism. But it won't be apologized for, justified or classed as 'just a minority'

ReputationRep:
    I'm not actually Greek, I live in Birmingham:teehee:
    A greek living in Birmingham?

ReputationRep:
    A greek living in Birmingham?
    My dad is Greek and my mum is Indian, I was born in England.

ReputationRep:
    The truth hurts but it has to be said.
    I know. Just like that time UKIP voters sexually groomed young Hijabi children for 12 years with police and council consent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catholic_)
    Nope, it will be classed as racism. But it won't be apologized for, justified or classed as 'just a minority'
    So its the majority of white people that do this?

ReputationRep:
    All white people must apologise for this. They are all now maniacs and racists. Believe me. The media says so when Muslims do it. BOYCOTT WHITE PEOPLE. XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Would that be your response if you knew it was a person of colour that carried out the attack?
    "a person of colour". We all have a colour. But this was in Wales, where many of those who feel oppressed are white.

Are you sure you're not being racist?

ReputationRep:
    White people should apologise for this attack

If you don't apologise you're a sympathiser

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    White people should apologise for this attack

If you don't apologise you're a sympathiser
    Lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    "a person of colour". We all have a colour. But this was in Wales, where many of those who feel oppressed are white.

Are you sure you're not being racist?
    Oppressed how?
    I'm definitely sure

ReputationRep:
    Terrorism? No, of course not, he's not Muslim or brown. Such a politically motivated term it's become worthless.

Where are the calls for white people to apologise? As I suspected, nowhere to be found.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viddy9)
    Terrorism? No, of course not, he's not Muslim or brown. Such a politically motivated term it's become worthless.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7859887.stm

Hardly anyone referred to this guy as a 'terrorist', because it was recognised that he was clearly just loopy.

(Original post by viddy9)
    Where are the calls for white people to apologise? As I suspected, nowhere to be found.
    Is there a 'white ideology' that all white people follow, for which this man based his attacks upon, and for which I am unaware?

I don't think anyone should have to apologise for the acts of loonies, but your analogy is not apt.

ReputationRep:
    Where are the moderate white people? Please speak up, apologise & condemn this so I know that you're not all like that guy. Its your responsibility..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by broscience123)
    The attacker wasn't brown, so this will not be classed as terrorism.
    Because as we all know, all brown terrorists work alone and have no political ideology. Also he did this because someone drew a picture in a magazine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady Comstock)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7859887.stm

Hardly anyone referred to this guy as a 'terrorist', because it was recognised that he was clearly just loopy.
    And yet he was charged with terrorism.

(Original post by Lady Comstock)
    Is there a 'white ideology' that all white people follow, for which this man based his attacks upon, and for which I am unaware?

I don't think anyone should have to apologise for the acts of loonies, but your analogy is not apt.
    No, but not all Muslims have the same interpretation of Islam either. A plethora of Muslims have condemned the Paris attacks, indicating that they do not subscribe to the idea that people should be murdered for publishing a cartoon. Why should they have had to apologise, though? Where are the calls for white supremacists such as this man to apologise?

Indeed, it is only the white supremacists who would condone this attack; similarly, only some Muslims who would condone the Paris attacks. You can't call on all Muslims to apologise any more than you can call on all white people to apologise.

Let's judge people based on their view of the action itself. If we do so, then we can ask all the people who condoned the Paris attacks to apologise and argue against them, and we can ask the people who condone these attacks to apologise and argue against them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snagprophet)
    Because as we all know, all brown terrorists work alone and have no political ideology. Also he did this because someone drew a picture in a magazine.
    Screaming "white power" sounds politically motivated to me. I think white people should speak up to confirm they do not agree with this extreme sect of white society

If you are white and Muslim, well, you're going to be a very busy boy this month!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.