Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

is this girl jealous or curious? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Not to sound rude, but arguing all the time anyway is not really some form of a healthy relationship and your right it may make it worse but it might make it better, it might give her a chance to confront you about something that making her act so oddly? Why don't you start by saying " you been acting rather strange lately ever since I met this girl, what is up? You okay about this" and let her know that you wanting to enter into a relationship won't ruin your sort of friendship? Maybe that why she is acting all nuts to you so she will put you off girls so that your relationship won't change, and will stay the same before you met this girl?

And when I mean put you of girls I'm not referring to a complete change in gender, but enough to put you off for a while? Maybe

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiebraznell)
    This is classic, yes, I would bet she likes you. The same stuff happened with 2 friends of mine and they ended up together. Her constant asking is her way of judging whether her "campaign" to get you have better chances or not. And her constant arguing with you is her trying to make you feel a little guilty and so eventually if she says she likes you, you feel more inclined to say yes. She's not being manipulative, and it's not her fault, but she can't help it if she likes you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So would you say the arguing is a form of flirting?

Well After an argument today, I do feel really guilty and really sad, so it is working.
    Yeah after the holidays the first thing she asked was how is that girl I like.

Okay she may like me, but I dont want to hurt her in anyway.
    what should I do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mahbuba1997)
    Trust me on this one, if she was really that religious she wouldn't be calling you just for a chat, forget about waking you up every morning

Can I ask what you argue about?
    Basically everything.
    Examples include relationships, marriages, how long people are attracted to each other. And lots of uni stuff to in general.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megan hill)
    Not to sound rude, but arguing all the time anyway is not really some form of a healthy relationship and your right it may make it worse but it might make it better, it might give her a chance to confront you about something that making her act so oddly? Why don't you start by saying " you been acting rather strange lately ever since I met this girl, what is up? You okay about this" and let her know that you wanting to enter into a relationship won't ruin your sort of friendship? Maybe that why she is acting all nuts to you so she will put you off girls so that your relationship won't change, and will stay the same before you met this girl?

And when I mean put you of girls I'm not referring to a complete change in gender, but enough to put you off for a while? Maybe

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The thing is I have already said that. and she basically said, why would I care about some insignifcant, and she is only jel of people she cares about.

Not sure what she really meant, and never asked her. Quite a while back.

ReputationRep:
    She might be incisive, to if she does like you or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mahbuba1997)
    Trust me on this one, if she was really that religious she wouldn't be calling you just for a chat, forget about waking you up every morning

Can I ask what you argue about?
    I think she is religious. She does pray and stuff. and she is very knowledgeable about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megan hill)
    She might be incisive, to if she does like you or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes, and the thing that is stopping her is her religion.

ReputationRep:
    You may be right there???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sounds plausible especially with the religious thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    So you think she likes me?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DerMann)
    she wants you to insert your blue waffle into her cauliflower
    (Original post by DerMann)
    the subject in question clearly wants the blue waffle

did you not experience years six to eight at school because I feel like you're greatly misunderstanding something

(Original post by apple1992)
    I think she is religious. She does pray and stuff. and she is very knowledgeable about it
    Yeah that's what I'm saying, if she was serious she'd know that she's not meant to be free mixing, I think it is, and talking to people of the opposite gender but here she is talking to you :rolleyes:

Yeah taking into account what you argue about I reckon she does like you but is tryna repress it cos of religion. I think you should ask her? Or just hint it out that you like someone else or something along those lines

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louieee)
    did you not experience years six to eight at school because I feel like you're greatly misunderstanding something
    You're the one misunderstanding something. I experienced the six to eight years of school alright. It has pretty nice as well. Perhaps you are the one who has really not experienced the six to eight years of school?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she never realised she liked you in that way until she saw you with another girl and felt jealous. She could be arguing with you a lot because she is trying to make it easy to not like you? She wants you to say something really bad to her so she can walk away and not feel like she's missed anything.. idk. Don't try to understand the crazy just either go with it or run from it.

ReputationRep:
    I've been in a similar situation as the girl. She could just be curious But it depends did you start telling her how much you like this other girl. Or does she always ask you?
    In my case I was told by a friend he had a crush on someone, out of the blue, barely even knew him let alone liked him, and our conversation turned to the girl he liked because he would always bring it up. So In the end I teased him but he took it out of context. But other than trying to help him, out in class in the first month like any friend would do regardless of gender.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amihum)
    I've been in a similar situation as the girl. She could just be curious But it depends did you start telling her how much you like this other girl. Or does she always ask you?
    In my case I was told by a friend he had a crush on someone, out of the blue, barely even knew him let alone liked him, and our conversation turned to the girl he liked because he would always bring it up. So In the end I teased him but he took it out of context. But other than trying to help him, out in class in the first month like any friend would do regardless of gender.
    No I never bring the conversation up about other girls. She is the one who brings it up.
    Then is turns it an arguement.

ReputationRep:
    Of course she's into you, she argues with you about her/ relationships to get an honest reaction out of you. She wants to say that you like her as well by arguing with you shes trying to extract information out of you without revealing her own feelings in case she doesn't get the answer that she wants.
    The question is, DO you like her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Echo River)
    Of course she's into you, she argues with you about her/ relationships to get an honest reaction out of you. She wants to say that you like her as well by arguing with you shes trying to extract information out of you without revealing her own feelings in case she doesn't get the answer that she wants.
    The question is, DO you like her?
    Well in I first met her I did like her. But Because she said she was religious I did not pursue her.
    I told her that I used to like her, but now I don't. And she said, I did not think that you liked me. She then went on to say, you cant get over someone that quickly.

ReputationRep:
    Then she is jealous, bless her if your not into her then I think you need to have a friendly chat to put her out of her misery, there's no reason you two cant remain friends though. Just make sure you do nothing to falsely lead her on

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.