Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied early December xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Would any of you accept if you get a place?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I would, but I only got 3 interviews, 2 uni's withdrew without an interview so I think I have to take what I can get and start praying ><

ReputationRep:
    Where else have you applied? Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Brighton and Leeds withdrew without an interview, and I got an interview with Uclan on 22nd, Bolton tests on 23rd, and East Anglia interview on 15th March, you?

ReputationRep:
    How would you pay for the course? Through student loans? Good luck with your interviews xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bursary pays for the student course fee's i think then you get a separate personal loan for living costs, i think >< Im guessing ill come to that if i get a place \o/

ReputationRep:
    All tuition fees are paid for and you get a means tested bursary to live on. Any extra you want/need to take in personal loans is of your own accord however, the entitled amount to borrow is reduced compared to other courses as the tuition fees are free ☀️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They're not free at Bolton, it says on their website. It's the first university to offer a nursing degree that's paid for by the student, through loans etc xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Linzilou is correct. Bolton University isn't a NHS funded nursing degree. It's the first one to offer the course to be paid by student loans so make sure to read all of that information on their website before you decide on whether to accept that offer. Congratulations to you all on your offers and good luck with others!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hello everyone,

My name is Aimee I work at the University of Bolton.

I am just reading through this post and I hope I can help answer some of your questions a little better.

You are more than welcome to contact be directly on: [email protected] if you have any questions or you can call our admissions team to see where your application is up to: +44 (0) 1204 903 903.

(Original post by stressedmumi)
    I have been offered an conditional place at Bolton for Adult Nursing. I have an interview and some tests but they come after I have got the offer!. I know each uni is different but I am abit confused as it is usually the other way round.

Also on UCAS I do not want to accept it yet as I have interviews at other unis yet and do not want to decide until I know the outcome of those.

Any advice???
    Hello, I work at the University of Bolton and I can get in touch with the admissions team for you if you have any concerns:

[email protected] - please e-mail me any time and I can find out what has been happening with your application.

(Original post by Linzilou85)
    Ok so you can't accept an offer until all universities have replied? Is that correct? Very new to this xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Usually once all the results have been published you will be able to make a decision. This will be August time.

(Original post by caple12)
    I've just got a conditional offer from Bolton uni to study adult nursing. I got the offer via email but it's not updated on my UCAS track so I'm unsure about the date of the interview/what to bring, etc.

Did this happen with anyone else or is it just me haha?
    The conditional offer will be based on your exam, interview and level 3 results. Universities often send out conditional offers. A conditional offer means that we will be happy to accept you onto the course providing you meet the requirements. Please ensure you read these requirements carefully to ensure you have the necessary information to gain your place.

(Original post by jadelaura21)
    I've applied to do Adult Nursing at Bolton, but haven't heard anything yet. How long did it take them to get back to you? & well done
    Have you heard anything back yet? If not, please feel free to contact me via my e-mail address: [email protected] or call the admissions team to chase up your application on: +44 (0) 44 1204 903903.

(Original post by Mayonnaise87)
    I got a conditional offer too, bit strange as the other unis ive applied to are classed as "waiting for decision" or "attending interview" yet bolton have given a conditional offer based on interview... thought the conditional came after the interview like the others xD I got numeracy and literacy tests on 23rd at 9:15am.
    Sorry for any confusion if we are slightly different to other Universities. As I explained above you must meet the conditions of the offer to be accepted onto the course, this will be based on your interview, test and level 3 qualification. It does however mean that from your application we can see that you are on track to meet the requirements for the course and we hope to offer you a place based on the information provided and that you meet the conditions of the offer.

If you would like to ask any further questions I will be happy for you to contact me directly via e-mail: [email protected] or call our admissions team on +44 (0) 1204 903 903.

I hope this answers some of your questions. Please give me a shout if I can help you again in anyway

Aimee

ReputationRep:
    How would you pay for the course? Through student loans? Good luck with your interviews xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Nikz.lewin)
    All tuition fees are paid for and you get a means tested bursary to live on. Any extra you want/need to take in personal loans is of your own accord however, the entitled amount to borrow is reduced compared to other courses as the tuition fees are free ☀️

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They're not free at Bolton, it says on their website. It's the first university to offer a nursing degree that's paid for by the student, through loans etc xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by SarahLaura)
    Linzilou is correct. Bolton University isn't a NHS funded nursing degree. It's the first one to offer the course to be paid by student loans so make sure to read all of that information on their website before you decide on whether to accept that offer. Congratulations to you all on your offers and good luck with others!
    Hi All,

I just wanted to clarify that this is the first time the Nursing course has been run this way in terms of tuition fees as we are the first University to do this.

The tuition fees at University of Bolton will not be funded by the NHS however, you will be given the Opportunity to apply for a Band 5 Nursing post with Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust on successful completion of the course. - See more at: http://courses.bolton.ac.uk/Details/....hRIDSAqD.dpuf

You can also apply for finance through Student Finance England. When you are earning over £21k per year they will take a small percentage straight from you wage packet. From personal experience with Student Finance England, you don't even notice it coming out of your wages as it is only a very small amount. More information can be found here:

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance

Please let me know if I can help you further in any way

Aimee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Bolton)
    Hi All,

I just wanted to clarify that this is the first time the Nursing course has been run this way in terms of tuition fees as we are the first University to do this.

The tuition fees at University of Bolton will not be funded by the NHS however, you will be given the Opportunity to apply for a Band 5 Nursing post with Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust on successful completion of the course. - See more at: http://courses.bolton.ac.uk/Details/....hRIDSAqD.dpuf

Please let me know if I can help you further in any way

Aimee
    I have been invited to attend an interview on the 28th, is there any alternative dates as Im working?
    Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caple12)
    I have been invited to attend an interview on the 28th, is there any alternative dates as Im working?
    Many thanks

Hi Caple!

If you give our admissions team a call on: +44 (0) 1204 903903 they will be able to help with this.

I am sure you will be able to swap for a different date however, you will need to call to confirm this with our admissions team over the telephone.

Let me know how you get on.

Aimee

ReputationRep:
    Hi Caple!

If you give our admissions team a call on: +44 (0) 1204 903903 they will be able to help with this.

I am sure you will be able to swap for a different date however, you will need to call to confirm this with our admissions team over the telephone.

Let me know how you get on.

Aimee
    Sell Bolton to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exceptional)
    Sell Bolton to me.
    Hello Exceptional, I am guessing it is the Adult Nursing course you are interested in?

We have a large Health and Social Care department that has been running for many years now. The University itself has a range of different facilities on campus however the best thing for you to do would be to come down and have a look. 21st March is our next Open Day where you will have the opportunity to have a campus tour, tour of Bolton and also to visit your chosen subject area.

Please find below links to the University Open Day sign up page and the Adult Nursing home page:

http://www.bolton.ac.uk/Undergraduat...Days/Home.aspx

http://courses.bolton.ac.uk/Details/Index/2423

If you have any questions though specifically I would be happy to help you

Aimee

ReputationRep:
    Hello Exceptional, I am guessing it is the Adult Nursing course you are interested in?

We have a large Health and Social Care department that has been running for many years now. The University itself has a range of different facilities on campus however the best thing for you to do would be to come down and have a look. 21st March is our next Open Day where you will have the opportunity to have a campus tour, tour of the city and also to visit your chosen subject area.

Please find below links to the University Open Day sign up page and the Adult Nursing home page:

http://www.bolton.ac.uk/Undergraduat...Days/Home.aspx

http://courses.bolton.ac.uk/Details/Index/2423

If you have any questions though specifically I would be happy to help you

Aimee
    Thanks so much! I'll be the first one there *shy face* I know I'm awkward so what screw me.

ReputationRep:

We have a large Health and Social Care department that has been running for many years now. The University itself has a range of different facilities on campus however the best thing for you to do would be to come down and have a look. 21st March is our next Open Day where you will have the opportunity to have a campus tour, tour of the city and also to visit your chosen subject area.

Aimee

Tour of the city?

Bolton is not a city. It's a town.
    A deserted town - after 7.00 in the evenings it feels like an unsafe place to be.

On the good side, it's easy to get to Manchester. which is a great, vibrant city.

ReputationRep:
    Hi can I ask what kind of questions bolton university gave you for your maths and English test. I also would like to know if they were hard or easy .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sol2015)
    Hi can I ask what kind of questions bolton university gave you for your maths and English test. I also would like to know if they were hard or easy .
    Have you been to the test day? i have been invited to the group activity, i wouldn't mind knowing what that will be like?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.