Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Mrs Atluri : are you normally allowed to drink in class?
    me: yes we are
    Atluri: right, get out of my class
    me: ... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I once got a detention for dropping my money.

ReputationRep:
    I got many detentions for having my shirt-untucked and my tie widened.

Also I got one once for not having the socks to my PE-kit. Yes, the ****ing long-ass purple socks of my PE kit. I had the shorts, I had the top but not the socks so I got a detention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katty3)
    Detention for going to the school nurse to take medication, and not going to see a teacher before. Apparently I must have been faking the entire thing because the teacher saw me in the dinner line 15 mins later (the length of time it takes medication to work), and I "looked fine". He is not medically trained in any way shape or form, my illness has no external symptoms, and my medication makes me feel sick if I have it on an empty stomach.

I refused to go to the detentions, as I was being unfairly punished. He said that I was lying when he had no proof. I had doctors notes, a note from the nurse, and notes from my parents, as well as the school knowing about my illness for the past 4 years, i.e. since it started.

I pointed out that, going by his standards, mental illnesses don't exist, my dyspraxia doesn't exist etc.

I have left the school, thankfully.
    That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    I got many detentions for having my shirt-untucked and my tie widened.

Also I got one once for not having the socks to my PE-kit. Yes, the ****ing long-ass purple socks of my PE kit. I had the shorts, I had the top but not the socks so I got a detention.
    It's the same at our school, except they try to make you wear PE Kit from the second hand box. They don't even bother cleaning them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K1NG93)
    I once got a detention for dropping my money.
    What! How is that detention worthy? Surely you had done something before that, if not that's so bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trippyninja12)
    That's the most ridiculous thing, sometimes teachers are so ignorant. You should have just said it was the people behind you, lol
    She would not have believed me but thats school for ya

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    I got asked what was the answer to number 1 by this annoying nerd, said Eat My Shorts … and everyone who's now white had yellow skin.
    Has your mum got tall blue hair? And your dad work in a nuclear power station?

ReputationRep:
    hour for forgetting my PE kit, the next week they scrapped that policy and gave you nothing if you forgot.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes teachers can be so unfair. For example on Friday we were having a lesson in our library and my teacher said put yours bags in the corner at the end of the room. When I went over there 2 put my bag away the corner was full up with other people's bags and I couldn't just put my bag on top of other people's bags so I put my bag at the end of the corner. It was still IN the corner it was just at the end. Then my teacher gave me a detention!! So unfair! I was so upset and angry. As soon as school finished I called my mum and explained 2 her what happend. My detention is on Monday and on Monday my mum is calling the school 2 complain. It is currently Sunday and I'm very nervous about tmr... 😣

ReputationRep:
    You think this is bad, when Tony Blair was PM you could be given detention without charge for up to 28 DAYS.

ReputationRep:
    I got a detention for not bringing in a reading book. a reading book.

ReputationRep:
    I've never had detention in my life but reading these stories makes me soooo angry, teachers are such boots sometimes like seriously

ReputationRep:
    This one teacher gave me a detention TWICE for not answering questions in class!? And what's worse he gave me internal exclusion for coloring in the letters on my worksheet.

ReputationRep:
    who's going round resurrecting old threads?

ReputationRep:
    I got a detention and almost got internally excluded for refusing to throw my drink away. I had a can of K.A in my bag and before registration, my friend was mucking around with it to annoy me and she accidentally opened it (not completely but slightly) so I obviously couldn't put it back in my bag otherwise it would leak everywhere, so I put it in my blazer pocket. Teacher told me to throw it away, I said why? She said because it can't go in my bag. I said so? I'm not drinking it so I don't see why I should have to throw it away. She sent me to the headteacher who resolved it by giving me a empty water bottle to pour it into and I didn't have to go to detention tehe

Next story is when I was in business studies GCSE. My friend joked around and said I should do her work for her because she couldnt be bothered. Of course I said no and instead of mr Murphy to be on my side, he said I should do it for her! I said no! And I was given a detention and sent outside. He forgot about me and I missed the entire class.

ReputationRep:
    I got a detention for using my phone in class - it was a lunchtime detention, so my teacher took my phone and said I could have it after I sat the detention, fair enough but she left her bag with my phone in class and said she'll see me after she had finished her lunch duties, so I took my phone out and put it on charge(with her charger) and dang I got two detentions, not one. Pretty unfair if you ask me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiemunch)
    …she left her bag with my phone in class and said she'll see me after she had finished her lunch duties, so I took my phone out and put it on charge(with her charger)…
    You went down her handbag and used her stuff?

Wow.

We'd have been expelled for that. Not even excluded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    You went down her handbag and used her stuff?

Wow.

We'd have been expelled for that. Not even excluded.
    Lol, but she left her bag open and I could see my phone in it and her charger was just an eyesore so it couldn't be helped, I guess thinking of it now 5+ years later it was kinda bad and gutsy

ReputationRep:
    I almost got an internal exclusion in year 10 for telling a boy to stop threatening to run my cat over...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.