Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Going on dates with multiples watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    What about where sex is involved? :beard:

Depends how you approach it really, and how far things go. I see pride as a vice personally, and put my own patience/humility to the test recently by standing back and allowing a girl I had dated, boinked, and then fallen out with, to continue to date a guy she'd started dating in the week or two in between, once her and I made up, without attempting to interfere; I knew he was a better dating prospect for her, and seemed like a sweet guy (if never likely to last with her, given the fact he was an eager to please type and she's a bit of a wild one), so I did the honourable thing, and also didn't ask her to chose between us (that would be pathetic, live and let live)

I often make it clear to girls when I sense that they are expecting exclusivity but I'm not down for that/not yet there; past experience has taught me that to assume silence means they're casual/there will be no upset if you go ahead and root them, and then fool around with others, is often extremely wishful thinking, and frankly unethical :rolleyes:

Exception being if you really liked it? Huh? :confused:
    I was actually going to mention sex but wasn't sure if OP had been sleeping with any of them. I think that if you sleep with a girl and continue to date then I would assume we were exclusive tbh. Sex does complicate it, and I'd be really annoyed if I was dating someone and sleeping with them then they announced they were seeing other girls. But just dating? I don't see the issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    If I really liked him * I will never fall into that trap again even I like the guy a lot
    Then surely the last bit is nullified? Only girls who are down for casual dating/hook-ups should put up with this sort of thing tbh

Oh ze german has returned!
    Nein!

(Original post by Precious Illusions)
    I think that if you sleep with a girl and continue to date then I would assume we were exclusive tbh
    Jah. You lot are so.. old skool like that

just dating? I don't see the issue
    Unfortunately(?) I like/tend to make nookie on the 1st date.. so by the time I'm weighing girls up against each other it's already a bit 'complicated'.. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    In the past,if I really liked someone then yeah but surely if the person isn't down for you alone,then that's just opening yourself upto heartache? One less problem I can't be dealing with. Unless he knows you're the one and only,it's best for them just date the other randoms.

Yes,apparently so

ReputationRep:
    In the past,if I really liked someone then yeah but surely if the person isn't down for you alone,then that's just opening yourself upto heartache?
    Correct. I always encourage young people (and it's usually girls, who could use the advice), to know their standards, and their value, and stick by them.. even if historically I have, myself, bent wenches to my will

ReputationRep:
    Correct. I always encourage young people (and it's usually girls, who could use the advice), to know their standards, and their value, and stick by them.. even if historically I have, myself, bent wenches to my will
    Thanks for the advice. I know my self worth even if a guy can't see it and don't like being used as competition material,if a guy isn't down for you alone,it probably never will be,especially if he's dating a handful of other girls. Thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    if a guy isn't down for you alone,it probably never will be,especially if he's dating a handful of other girls
    With the addendum: "once you've been intimate together"*

ReputationRep:
    With the addendum: "once you've been intimate together"*
    That's just an excuse men use when they aren't sure about someone. If a guy says he likes me,I take it seriously. Whether intimacy is or isn't involved,otherwise you're just in another line of a handful of girls going through the same thing with the same guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    I was actually going to mention sex but wasn't sure if OP had been sleeping with any of them. I think that if you sleep with a girl and continue to date then I would assume we were exclusive tbh. Sex does complicate it, and I'd be really annoyed if I was dating someone and sleeping with them then they announced they were seeing other girls. But just dating? I don't see the issue.
    hmm okay so thats the line...sex.

yeh with those girls anyways I reckon theyd wrapped themselves round me goodo if I did that...its just a pity you cant make the most of things even if things wont go anywhere.

That's just an excuse men use when they aren't sure about someone. If a guy says he likes me,I take it seriously. Whether intimacy is or isn't involved,otherwise you're just in another line of a handful of girls going through the same thing with the same guy.
    hmmm fair enough I respect your decision
    its also a tad flawed hence my situation but yeh I see your point

ReputationRep:
    Why would you take someone on a date, before you know if you like them

In essence what you are saying is

"Aye gurl, would you like some free food?"

Of course the answer is yes, doesn't mean she wants you

Unfortunately(?) I like/tend to make nookie on the 1st date.. so by the time I'm weighing girls up against each other it's already a bit 'complicated'.. :dontknow:
    The way you talk about sex sometimes is really quite disturbing, I'll always doubt you make 'nookie' 1st date, most women are utter whores if they do that on the first date, I wouldn't want to near someone like that IMO.

ReputationRep:
    If a guy says he likes me, I take it seriously
    With all due respect, you have never been in the game. In the dating world you very rarely declare that you like someone before the first date, and indeed even girls are coy about admitting such a thing post coitus! As one recently put it, 'I almost like you' :mmm:

otherwise you're just in another line of a handful of girls going through the same thing with the same guy
    It's called dating, and it's necessary if you want to date a certain type of guy, especially in certain contexts e.g. the wonderful (awful) world of online dating

(Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    its just a pity you cant make the most of things even if things wont go anywhere
    You can, and can do so ethically, if you are somewhat calculating + careful. The example I used before is a good one, the girl was a cool character so she wasn’t overly emotional e.g. about sex in and of itself, although she did care about perceptions

(Original post by tehFrance)
    The way you talk about sex sometimes is really quite disturbing
    Sexyfuntime? :borat:
    :hump2:

I'll always doubt you make 'nookie' 1st date
    According to my records, those women I have had sex with to date have put out on the 1st date 70% of the time, circumstances permitting

most women are utter whores if they do that on the first date
    Most women can be convinced*

Spoiler:
    Show
    I should note/have noted, that many of these women are people I had spoken to a fair bit prior to meeting up, and spent e.g. an average of 4-5 hours with, on those dates, prior to seducing them

ReputationRep:
    The way you talk about sex sometimes is really quite disturbing, I'll always doubt you make 'nookie' 1st date, most women are utter whores if they do that on the first date, I wouldn't want to near someone like that IMO.
    I agree with that statement.

ReputationRep:
    With all due respect, you have never been in the game. In the dating world you very rarely declare that you like someone before the first date, and indeed even girls are coy about admitting such a thing post coitus! As one recently put it, 'I almost like you' :mmm:

It's called dating, and it's necessary if you want to date a certain type of guy, especially in certain contexts e.g. the wonderful (awful) world of online dating

You can, and can do so ethically, if you are somewhat calculating + careful. The example I used before is a good one, the girl was a cool character so she wasn’t overly emotional e.g. about sex in and of itself, although she did care about perceptions

Sexyfuntime? :borat:

According to my records, those women I have had sex with to date have put out on the 1st date 70% of the time, circumstances permitting

Most women can be convinced*

Spoiler:
    Show
    I should note/have noted, that many of these women are people I had spoken to a fair bit prior to meeting up, and spent e.g. an average of 4-5 hours with, on those dates, prior to seducing them
    I have been in the game many times Altho i never considered it dating,I'm just not sure what dating is and I dislike it so I stopped.

Yes but who's to say that's what dating should be about,it just like being played,the guy sleeps with a handful of other girls on the side too,so nothing special about it. I would rather just date one guy who's definitely sure about me and doesn't make excuses

Foo,girls who put out on first dates are usually easy or Don't make girlfriend material.

ReputationRep:
    I have been in the game many times
    You haven't, sorry, you've had two long term partners and that's it = settled, not in the game

who's to say that's what dating should be about
    My comments pertain to the reality, not the ideal

I would rather just date one guy who's definitely sure about me and doesn't make excuses
    Many girls feel the way you do, and to them my advice would always be to either attempt to be friends first, or else date beta guys

Foo, girls who put out on first dates are usually easy
    Girls who frequently put out on first dates are indeed typically easy; girls who can be convinced,* may or may not be

ReputationRep:
    You haven't, sorry, you've had two long term partners and that's it = settled, not in the game

My comments pertain to the reality, not the ideal

Many girls feel the way you do, and to them my advice would always be to either attempt to be friends first, or else date beta guys

Girls who frequently put out on first dates are indeed typically easy; girls who can be convinced,* may or may not be
    I have been in the game actually,I have dated in between, and I'm talking about guys who I would consider to be 'high in demand',i have rejected many offers including that which I told you happened a few weeks ago from high in demand men. Then again,any guy is capable of breaking your heart when it comes to dating,beta or alpha,it doesn't matter.
    I can't handle beta men,they don't challenge me enough and I'm a complex character.

Girls who are able to be convinced or manipulated into having sex on the first date are very easy,no doubt about that,doesn't matter if they have or haven't done it before in the past.

ReputationRep:
    I have been in the game actually, I have dated in between
    Not adult dating (involves sex)

any guy is capable of breaking your heart when it comes to dating, beta or alpha, it doesn't matter
    A beta guy is unlikely to date multiples, and unlikely to do anything to risk falling out with, let alone losing, an attractive girl

I can't handle beta men, they don't challenge me enough and I'm a complex character
    I think what you mean is that they can't handle/stimulate you* (all too common)

Girls who are able to be convinced or manipulated into having sex on the first date are very easy
    Who said anything about manipulation? :lolwut:

Also, what about girls who make up their own minds for themselves that they want to have sex the first time they meet someone.. are they 'easy' too?

ReputationRep:
    I see you have fallen for the old 'I don't usually do this...' lie.

ReputationRep:
    Not adult dating (involves sex)

A beta guy is unlikely to date multiples, and unlikely to do anything to risk falling out with, let alone losing, an attractive girl

I think what you mean is that they can't handle/stimulate you* (all too common)

Who said anything about manipulation? :lolwut:

Also, what about girls who make up their own minds for themselves that they want to have sex the first time they meet someone.. are they 'easy' too?
    Who's to say I haven't slept with these men?
    Dating doesn't have to mean sex sex sex. Especially on a first date when you're first getting to know each other and things are tense and awkward.
    Most of the guys that ive dated or who are wanting to date so bad right now expect sex on the first date and all of these men are alpha males in their prime.
    But I'm careful as not to come across as a hoe

Yes,I find it weird that I girl could just easily let another man see her body only a couple of a few hours of meeting him,similar to a one night stand,only difference is you may or may not get to see the person again and do the exact same thing.
    Girls like that aren't usually girlfriend material and relationships with them rarely last.

So you're a rapist? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chow mein)
    I see you have fallen for the old 'I don't usually do this...' lie
    How little you know :rolleyes:

Who's to say I haven't slept with these men?
    You've gone on record as saying you've only had two sexual partners m'dear

Especially on a first date when you're first getting to know each other and things are tense and awkward
    Part of that is often sexual tension, which I am able to relieve for the poor darlings

Most of the guys that ive dated or who are wanting to date so bad right now expect sex on the first date and all of these men are alpha males in their prime
    To expect it is rather silly, in most cases

Yes, I find it weird that I girl could just easily let another man see her body only a couple of a few hours of meeting him
    Interesting.. I'll be sure to remember this sentiment if we ever meet

Girls like that aren't usually girlfriend material and relationships with them rarely last
    My Greek ex finally 'gave in to temptation', as it were, at 2am on our sort-of-first date last year. We were together for 6 months thereafter, and of all the girls I've ever been involved with she was definitely the strongest in terms of 'girlfriend material'. Your attitude, and that of those girls who worry about impressions etc, is arbitrary bull****, sorry. Take it from someone who has been in the world and actually knows what the **** he's talking about :borat:

So you're a rapist? :holmes:
    That may be the way you do things in France, but over here convince =/= coerce*

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.