Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by channies)
    It kind of surprises me that in this day and age people still think that girls care a lot about their boyfriends being rich. Obviously there are some girls who value money more than other things but in general do you think that girls would rather date someone who spends loads of money on them? Personally I would prefer my partner to earn something similar to me, so I felt we were pulling equal weight, I wouldn't want him to spend loads of money on me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    To be honest - knowing how hard life is...

I'd rather gold dig - than do my 60h a week for my now BF to take all my damn money and spend on ****!

Men can be gold diggers to... F them.

..they're either gold diggers, gold diggers in waiting (applies to younglings), not girlfriend material, or taken :holmes:

(Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
    Its not exactly gold digging if you want someone who earns a higher wage, usually because they're smarter or harder working. A guy having his own car or own place to live is obviously going to go down better than a man still living with his parents, and in this day and age only the quite well off can have their own place at a young age.
    Exactly. Hallelujah, amen to this ^^
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2015
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.