Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can you live of 16000 pounds annually? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexlebleu)
    I'm moving from Belgium to the UK (Greenock, small city, 30 km from Glasgow) for a customer service job. The job will be earning 16000 pounds + bonusses up to 17000 pounds. Now I'm wondering if this is a good annual salary, and if I would be able to save money. It's a small city in Scotland, not London obviously, and so expect to be cheap. I'm also prepared to get a flatmate if this isn't enough to live on.
    You'd probably have to supplement your income from collecting discarded food from bins or begging. Here in the UK, the average wage according to a recent statistical study was £108K per year in London and £86K elsewhere. Even the primary sector (factory) jobs pay on average £32K per year (after tax).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BLambert)
    You'd probably have to supplement your income from collecting discarded food from bins or begging. Here in the UK, the average wage according to a recent statistical study was £108K per year in London and £86K elsewhere. Even the primary sector (factory) jobs pay on average £32K per year (after tax).
    How is it possible people earn that much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexlebleu)
    How is it possible people earn that much?
    Sorry, I was looking at the wrong figures, they're for MP's, so they don't earn anything, they STEAL it all in expenses!

I'd say £16,000 is fair for you're location and your status.

ReputationRep:
    Yep 16k is enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.