Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katieem92)
    This is pretty bad given that the website only has last years information - stating mid-January invitations and last years interview dates! I wonder why they didn't update it for this year?
    The suspense is killing me...
    I know how you feel but hopefully they'll get back to us soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CelineDiong)
    Gotten a sheffield interview offer! All the best!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow, good luck!!When did you get this?

ReputationRep:
    Have they told all successful candidates today?
    Really want an interview? This waiting game is so hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dent1hope)
    Wow, good luck!!When did you get this?
    Thanks! It was on the 19th. Have you an interview with them too?

ReputationRep:
    Starting to worry now because I haven't heard anything has anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Are you undergrad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turnip17)
    Are you undergrad?
    Yup

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually still waiting for one, hopefully i'll hear from them soon.

ReputationRep:
    Wait, so is someone claiming to have received an interview for Sheffield? I spoke to them recently and they said the begining of February.
    I don't mean to be rude and I mean no disrespect if I am wrong, but remember people that there are a lot of trolls here on TSR who unfortunately make false claims. At my last interview, the admissions tutor said not to use forums such as TSR as there are people who do this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arbucks)
    Wait, so is someone claiming to have received an interview for Sheffield? I spoke to them recently and they said the begining of February.
    I don't mean to be rude and I mean no disrespect if I am wrong, but remember people that there are a lot of trolls here on TSR who unfortunately make false claims. At my last interview, the admissions tutor said not to use forums such as TSR as there are people who do this.
    Could be different for international students? (Just that might be a reason i dunno if the person's international or not but international interviews are sent out at diff times)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    are you international?

ReputationRep:
    I've been going crazy checking track every day to see if there's been any update, based on Sheffield's website saying "successful applicants will be invited to interview, invitations to be sent out mid-January" only to re-check it and realise the page is an entire year out of date!
    I'm a mature student, technically I think. I'm 23 this year. I've been a dental nurse since 2010 and am predicted AB in bio/chem... UKCAT was distinctly average but I got A*A*A*AAAAAAA at GCSE in 2009 ..... I don't even know what my chances are realistically!
    Was chatting to a dentist at work the other day who qualified in 1997 who got a place at a different uni with BCD - and the B was in geography! Oh how times have changed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katieem92)
    I've been going crazy checking track every day to see if there's been any update, based on Sheffield's website saying "successful applicants will be invited to interview, invitations to be sent out mid-January" only to re-check it and realise the page is an entire year out of date!
    I'm a mature student, technically I think. I'm 23 this year. I've been a dental nurse since 2010 and am predicted AB in bio/chem... UKCAT was distinctly average but I got A*A*A*AAAAAAA at GCSE in 2009 ..... I don't even know what my chances are realistically!
    Was chatting to a dentist at work the other day who qualified in 1997 who got a place at a different uni with BCD - and the B was in geography! Oh how times have changed...
    I wish you the best of luck!

Yes, the times have changed hugely with dentistry. The dentist I shadowed had similar A level grades as you mentioned and achieved a BDS. I guess as demand increases, so do the requirements! And we also have the A* now remember which has meant requirements must naturally increase.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arbucks)
    I wish you the best of luck!

Yes, the times have changed hugely with dentistry. The dentist I shadowed had similar A level grades as you mentioned and achieved a BDS. I guess as demand increases, so do the requirements! And we also have the A* now remember which has meant requirements must naturally increase.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And good luck to you also!
    Sheffield is one of the few places that actually regards my nursing qualification as counting towards entry to the BDS, so I'm really hoping I at least get to interview!
    Hopefully 5 years experience counts for something. It's such a shame it's so crazily competitive now, I can't help but feel a certain proportion of applicants must be financially motivated or apply due to parental expectation. I just genuinely love teeth :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    Just got a Sheffield interview!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turnip17)
    Just got a Sheffield interview!!!
    So did I!! well done

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hjamil96)
    So did I!! well done

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you and well done too!!!

ReputationRep:
    Nothing from Sheffield.
    Does anyone know if they have given out all the interviews!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Urgh just had an email through from ucas and got all excited but it was just to say they're updating their website.

ReputationRep:
    SHEFFIELD INTERVIEW AH YAY

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.