Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Things which make you very angry while driving Watch

ReputationRep:
    Oh and basically this guy

ReputationRep:
    People getting up your ass, I have a Diesel (New driver, Cheap insurance/no Tax/ 78mpg) , it's not exactly quick off the line, Give me a ****ing chance!

Learners.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and Audi Drivers.

ReputationRep:
    People who don't say thanks when giving way.

ReputationRep:
    Middle-age-crisis-type drivers ie. basically some balding guy in an estate car, tailgating you.

ReputationRep:
    BMW drivers, people who tailgate you (I'm only driving a 0.9 engine so I'm not exactly speeding off the moment the light turns) and not signalling. Also, cyclists. Had a cyclist go all the way round a roundabout right in the middle and the idiot got off the same exit as me which had a steep hill to it - only had my car for two days (new driver) at that point so didn't have the best feel for the clutch.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodwinning)
    BMW drivers, people who tailgate you (I'm only driving a 0.9 engine so I'm not exactly speeding off the moment the light turns) and not signalling.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Most BMW drivers are OK! I drive a BMW and I'm lovely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adipoptosis)
    Most BMW drivers are OK! I drive a BMW and I'm lovely
    I applaud you. I know it's a rather sweeping generalisation but I've found in my experience so far a lot of BMW drivers are ******s on the road.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, repost.

ReputationRep:
    - unnecessary braking from the car in front of you, whilst they are already travelling at an undesired snail like pace.

- excessively bright full beams blinding you, coming from the car behind.

ReputationRep:
    Slow/old/women drivers

ReputationRep:
    Middle aged women caked in makeup who feel the need to own big Range Rovers for no reason. Seriously, what's wrong with a smaller car?

(Original post by MaseratiJay)

- Cyclists taking up the whole road, the wobbly ones are my favourites! Oh and the ones who cycle in 60 MPH zones, I just love you all. So much.
    And you always seem to meet them on the bends so you have to slow down to something silly like 20mph until it's safe enough to pass. Why do cyclists have to go on NSL roads

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKTomm)
    Middle aged women caked in makeup who feel the need to own big Range Rovers for no reason. Seriously, what's wrong with a smaller car?

And you always seem to meet them on the bends so you have to slow down to something silly like 20mph until it's safe enough to pass. Why do cyclists have to go on NSL roads

I know! And guess what...today, it wasn't even a cyclist it was a JOGGER. Baring in mind this is basically a bendy road, 60MPH every type of vehicle imaginable drives down it...Lorries; Double Decker Buses; Cars etc. It's one of those roads you would not want to breakdown on, day or night. And this guy was jogging down the road. I mean the only thing that made me feel better was he was covered head-to-toe in reflective clothing. But my god man! Talk about heart attack.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    The way I got tailgated at 40 along a 40mph speed limit stretch of the A406 was not fun at all.

Tailgaters :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    The way I got tailgated at 40 along a 40mph speed limit stretch of the A406 was not fun at all.

Tailgaters :unimpressed:
    If i get tailgated i just drive really slowly. Then I turn my fog lights on.
    My mirror is adaptive so even if they put their full lights on, i don't care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaseratiJay)
    I know! And guess what...today, it wasn't even a cyclist it was a JOGGER. Baring in mind this is basically a bendy road, 60MPH every type of vehicle imaginable drives down it...Lorries; Double Decker Buses; Cars etc. It's one of those roads you would not want to breakdown on, day or night. And this guy was jogging down the road. I mean the only thing that made me feel better was he was covered head-to-toe in reflective clothing. But my god man! Talk about heart attack.
    That reminds me. On the way back from dropping a friend off, I was coming down a pitch black national speed road, and as I was coming round the bend, this guy wearing all black (no reflective gear at all!) with a tiny torch jumped off the road onto the grass at the side as he heard me come round. Luckily I was going a bit slower than usual since no one was out. I don't understand some people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKTomm)
    That reminds me. On the way back from dropping a friend off, I was coming down a pitch black national speed road, and as I was coming round the bend, this guy wearing all black (no reflective gear at all!) with a tiny torch jumped off the road onto the grass at the side as he heard me come round. Luckily I was going a bit slower than usual since no one was out. I don't understand some people!
    I just choked on my food :eek: I can just imagine it as well. A torch really? Dear god...What is wrong with people :confused:

I was stuck behind yet another driver doing 40 in a 60 zone today. What made it worse is they had a BMW X6 (You know? the extra beastly ones) I wanted to overtake but he/she was driving slowly AND frantically which annoyed me even more.

On the flip side of all this I don't like drivers who cut in front of cyclists/pedestrians or when overtaking give them like an inch of space!

ReputationRep:
    Those who travel at a constant speed no matter the speed limit... 40mph in a 60 and in a 30? Slightly being pedantic but its annoying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Tailgaters, more than anything else.
    I LOVE those.
    I give them the opportunity to ease off by flashing the brake lights at them and then just slow down until they get the message or get pissed off and go around.

ReputationRep:
    Taxi drivers.
    Enough said.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.