Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    There are many truly ghastly Labour politicians (Chuka, Miliband, Abbott, Harman, Thornbury etc.) but I can't possibly hate them, they are doing far more damage to the "progressive" cause than their opponents have a right to expect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippity.doodah)
    basically all female labour MPs
    sorry, ladies, it's true - they're mostly a bunch of parachuted feminist hags
    Always amusing to see the young female apparatchiks, indistinguishable from one another and well versed in the party line

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birkenhead)
    1. Chris Grayling.

The first non-lawyer Lord Chancellor in hundreds of years and by all accounts the worst we have ever had. Has single-handedly broken legal aid which is essentially the justice system's NHS. Pays no attention at all to the unanimous demands of the legal profession from every quarter, at every level, all around the country. He is symbolic to me of the total lack of intelligence as well as compassion in many of the Tory cuts and the main reason I will not vote for them.

2. Harriet Harman

Vile woman. Unintelligent, not a trace of charisma or leadership in her, flagbearer of all-women's shortlists and hard feminism generally. Petty, invidious, tribal, irritating.

3. Iain Duncan Smith

Has implemented savage policies that demand the permanently and often extremely ill or disabled and others genuinely not capable of working to be well and work, removing their benefits if they do not. Handing a lot of this to private companies like Atos has been scandalous, this should be state regulated and implemented.

4. Nick Clegg

Weak, spineless little man with not a shred of integrity or strength in him. Recently he has tried to appear more assertive but it has only highlighted more plainly how pathetic he really is. I am embarrassed that he is the second most senior elected representative of my country.

5. Jeremy Hunt

Self-satisfied, clinical, possibly more machine than human. Clearly intelligent but simply incredibly irritating. Has absolutely no charisma at all and there's a hollowness in his eyes and the way he talks, no conviction or fire or controversy as a result of disagreeing with government policy that suggests he's one of those politicians who is entirely in the business of politics for themselves and not even a little because they have passionate viewpoints or care for their country. I doubt he has any principles whatsoever and would probably sell his own mother for a few bob.

6. Grant Shapps

Slippier than a seal's wet arse. Really gives me the chills to see him being interviewed. He's little more than a travelling salesman who's mastered the art of PR, has an answer that sounds somewhat plausible to every question but really it's all just a load of horse**** and you realise sooner or later that this man does not have a singular solitary clue what he's doing but just does a very good impression of someone who does. Politicians using spin in line with substance and understanding is one thing but I don't believe this man actually understands or cares about any key political issues.
    Do you think Clarke should have been left in his post. Given how early he was sacked i don't think it was the Ukip brigade forcing his hand but that rape comment which actually most people would probably agree with (all rapes are serious but a violent rape in a park is probably more serious than a wife saying no half way through).

Don't really hate the last three. I think that Clegg is simply overwhelmed and probably never actually expected to be in government before 2010, while weak i do think he cares even if his Tory bashing strategy is defensive and idiotic. While i do think Hunt is a tad slimy and has failed upward, he and Osbourne are apparently two of the most liberal MP's you'll ever meet and i'm sure he stands for something. I actually disagree with Shapps, i think he spins a lot but i've never seen him be slimy or uncaring. He's not been terribly competent at his job though, only better than Warsi.

(Original post by 105263)
    Dianne Abbot.

A dangerous woman to have in Parliament with her nonsense only being justified through having a Cambridge degree and or being black.

Ian Duncan Smith
    Lack of empathy for the disabled, has all the bad traits of Conservatism without the class.

David Cameron
    In all fairness he's probably not a bad chap, but in terms of being a statesman he's spineless. He also insults the intelligence of the public by using crooked excuses to face responsibility and engage in meaningful debate. This isn't so bad because the average British person isn't intelligent enough to care. Which is a shame for those that are.

Tristam Hunt
    Educated douche bag. Probably didn't get over his first existential crises and now sips champagne in a beer bottle while sitting in Victoria station watching the proles.

Jeremy Hunt
    Definitely a Psychopath. Also has a terrible track record with managing the NHS, but it's not like he cares, he's got a meeting with Cliff Huxtable at the four seasons..
    Forgot about her and your right. She's anti-white and an ethnic apologist.

Perhaps i have a dim of view but i believe the electorate get what they deserve. A large number of people seem to want politicians who will obey them rather than represent them and this breeds populism and poll following.

Now i actually quite like T. Hunt but your right. For all his whining about Gove, it's mostly stuff that Labour started or he'd do anyway.

(Original post by Davij038)
    Just thought we'd have a nice thread talking about which politicians UK we dislike the most. They must either be an MP or in the House of Lords, or an MEP.

1: Home Secretary Theresa May: utterly incompetent and slightly nasty. From the sound of it , she's matched in this by Philip Hammond

2: Harriet Harman: seems to the root of the divisive, petty point scoring that is so predominant leader. She seems to have passed this on to many MPs noticeably Douglas Alexander, somebody with barely a splinter of spine IMO

3: my local mp Rehman Chishti: a labour mp who defected to the Tories in 2010. Out of "deep moral convictions". More interested in photoshoots and sucking up to Cameron than getting anything done.

4: mp mark reckless: a thoroughly dishonest and unpleasant man, even before ukip. Even many ukip voters in the area can't stand him.

5: David Cameron: for being a spineless muppet and taking the Conservatoves out of the EPP.

6: that lib dem MP that's acting like Galloway and doing the je suis Palestine crap. The only lib dem that really deserves to lose their seat IMO.

Disclaimer; Nigel farage, George Galloway... I find them too entertaining to actually dislike personally, although I hope both remain as question time personalities and have no influence outside of that.
    As much as i disagree with the traditional conservatism she stands for i don't think you can call her incompetent. Indeed, the main strength in her leadership bid is that she's competent and effective. Hammond is an odious man who once compared gay marriage to incest, that he occupies the position that William Hague had sickens me.. what a politician Hague was though.. ahh, personally think he was made leader 15 years too early.

ReputationRep:
    Alex Salmond - Whilst there's no denying his cleverness, I am disgusted by the sly, manipulative, cynical and, frankly, bullying manner in which he operates. The least heroic, least inspiring, and least passionate leader of any independence movement in history. Then there's the fact that his one aim in life appears to be to destroy Great Britain, the country which has nurtured, fed and educated him since birth. I would call it treason were it not for the fact that he and his party don't even have the courage to stand up and openly reject the rule of the Queen (unlike Sinn Féin, whose integrity and commitment I can at least respect, regardless of how I feel about them) - William Wallace he is not.

Nicola Sturgeon - See above. Cut from the same cloth.

Humza Yousaf - See above. The PC, ethnic minority face of the SNP (lest they be accused of "nasty, racist nationalism") and a thoroughly patronising, insufferably smug individual in his own right, which makes him very irritating to see being interviewed.

John Swinney - See above.

Angus Robertson - See above. This man's hypocrisy is simply stupefying, serving as he does in the "Westminster" Parliament in spite of the constant criticism of the place by his own party. Sinn Féin, who I mentioned earlier, are at least true to their ideals and refuse to appear in Parliament. His only purpose is to complain, whine, and to generally be obstructive and meddlesome in order to fuel SNP claims of "Westminster" ignoring Scotland and being arrogant and out of touch. A dreadful portent of what may lie in store after the 2015 election were the SNP to win more seats.

Tony Blair - I don't have a huge problem with his alleged war crimes, and, whilst I do find him smarmy, insincere and irritating, his greatest crime (or folly) was in passing the Scotland Act. You would not have required the wisdom of hindsight to know this was a bad idea. The creation of a Scottish parliament undermined the supremacy of Parliament, and gave the SNP legitimacy and a very public platform which they have used to instigate the makings of the constitutional crisis we have today.

I know this all seems quite a singleminded rant, and there are other politicians I dislike, but I think it is important to highlight the real danger in the run-up to the election. It does not come from UKIP or the EDL or any other extreme and, lets be honest, pretty amateurish parties. It comes from the professionally run, equally singleminded operation that is being put in motion by the SNP to gain independence by any means necessary. I say again: by any means, even if it involves dividing the rest Great Britain and turning us all - Welsh, Irish, English & Scottish - against each other in the process. They would make a ruin of our country and call it progress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birkenhead)
    1. Chris Grayling.

The first non-lawyer Lord Chancellor in hundreds of years and by all accounts the worst we have ever had. Has single-handedly broken legal aid which is essentially the justice system's NHS. Pays no attention at all to the unanimous demands of the legal profession from every quarter, at every level, all around the country. He is symbolic to me of the total lack of intelligence as well as compassion in many of the Tory cuts and the main reason I will not vote for them...
    Well said, his attempts to limit/prevent judicial review are also extremely worrying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moosferatu)
    Iain Duncan Smith: Evil incarnate. Basically killed off a load of vulnerable people.
    That's an extraordinary and down-right mental accusation to make. I appreciate this is the internet and saying shocking things is fairly standard here, but I really thought better of a discussion like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Do you think Clarke should have been left in his post. Given how early he was sacked i don't think it was the Ukip brigade forcing his hand but that rape comment which actually most people would probably agree with (all rapes are serious but a violent rape in a park is probably more serious than a wife saying no half way through).
    There was a bit of a bonfire of the moderates more widely, so I suspect Ken Clarke was just a symptom of that.

He'd have been a thorn in the side for Cameron if he'd remained in such a significant office as the party did its populist lurch to the right ahead of the general election. But of course, that's more an explanation for his final departure from the government.

ReputationRep:
    Iain Duncan Smith, for his reign of incompetence at the DWP and the shocking mismanagement of the welfare system. And for stuff like this (he also seems to be a disgusting human being):
    http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co...ell-trust.html
    http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co...isrespect.html

Lord Howell. If you don't know, he was the one who made the "desolate north" comments about fracking. However, few reported on the fact that he was a paid industry lobbyist for the fracking industry who used to advise the government on energy policy - that is far more offsneive and disgusting than a few ignorant comments about the north.

Owen Paterson. The scientifically illiterate climate change denying moron of an "environment secretary" who aside from his climate change denial opposed the EU's ban on neonicotinoid pesticides for no scientifically valid reasons. When he was dismissed from his job as environment secretary, he wrote a boasting article in the Telegraph which suggested that he saw his job as anti-environment secretary instead (he referred to a "green blob"). Apparently, getting a massive taxpayer funded salary for doing a terrible job is something to boast about. Who knew?

Nick Boles, the former planning minister who derided all opponents of the government's relaxation of planning laws as "NIMBYs". He did this a few times, he didn't seem to understand the very good reasons that many people want tighter planning laws.

David Cameron, for promising to lead the "greenest government ever" which then relaxed planning laws, underfunded the woodland grant scheme for 2 years, opposed the EU's ban on neonicotinoid pesticides (see Owen Paterson above), cut subsides for renewable energy because we supposedly can't afford it while giving tax incentives to fracking companies. Some of those are more to do with specific departments and ministers, but David Cameron is ultimately responsible for all that and he was the one who made the promise in the first place, which he clearly had no intention of ever keeping.

I'm struggling to think of a sixth. Though all of those 5 are Conservative, I'm sure there are plenty of awful politicians in other parties as well. It's just I know a bit more about the Conservative ones because a lot of them tie in to environmental issues, which is one of my main areas of political interest.

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised that not many people have mentioned Gove, especially on a website built for students. Though I guess teachers hate him more as my Geography teacher loves mentioning.

ReputationRep:
    1) Michael Gove
    2) Nigel Farage
    3) Michael Gove
    4) Nigel Farage
    5) Michael Gove
    6) Nigel Farage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BasicMistake)
    I'm surprised that not many people have mentioned Gove, especially on a website built for students. Though I guess teachers hate him more as my Geography teacher loves mentioning.
    I loved Gove, one of the few people in politics today who was a 'vision politician'. Students hate him because he actually made education harder and teachers hate him because of his lack of tact and on the right attitudes (apparently it's okay to teach children that being gay is good - though i agree with gay marriage - but it's rabidly right wing to be a tad patriotic).

ReputationRep:
    Boris Johnson, Theresa May, IDS, Gideon Osbourne, Grant Chaps, Farage. I'm a little disappointed there was no room for Gove or Blair. Paisley would have been there but thankfully he's six feet under now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RFowler)
    Iain Duncan Smith, for his reign of incompetence at the DWP and the shocking mismanagement of the welfare system. And for stuff like this (he also seems to be a disgusting human being):
    http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co...ell-trust.html
    http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co...isrespect.html

Lord Howell. If you don't know, he was the one who made the "desolate north" comments about fracking. However, few reported on the fact that he was a paid industry lobbyist for the fracking industry who used to advise the government on energy policy - that is far more offsneive and disgusting than a few ignorant comments about the north.

Owen Paterson. The scientifically illiterate climate change denying moron of an "environment secretary" who aside from his climate change denial opposed the EU's ban on neonicotinoid pesticides for no scientifically valid reasons. When he was dismissed from his job as environment secretary, he wrote a boasting article in the Telegraph which suggested that he saw his job as anti-environment secretary instead (he referred to a "green blob"). Apparently, getting a massive taxpayer funded salary for doing a terrible job is something to boast about. Who knew?

Nick Boles, the former planning minister who derided all opponents of the government's relaxation of planning laws as "NIMBYs". He did this a few times, he didn't seem to understand the very good reasons that many people want tighter planning laws.

David Cameron, for promising to lead the "greenest government ever" which then relaxed planning laws, underfunded the woodland grant scheme for 2 years, opposed the EU's ban on neonicotinoid pesticides (see Owen Paterson above), cut subsides for renewable energy because we supposedly can't afford it while giving tax incentives to fracking companies. Some of those are more to do with specific departments and ministers, but David Cameron is ultimately responsible for all that and he was the one who made the promise in the first place, which he clearly had no intention of ever keeping.

I'm struggling to think of a sixth. Though all of those 5 are Conservative, I'm sure there are plenty of awful politicians in other parties as well. It's just I know a bit more about the Conservative ones because a lot of them tie in to environmental issues, which is one of my main areas of political interest.
    Ah.. i'd forgotten all about Owen 'The badgers moved the goalposts' Patterson, a generally dislikable and incompetent minister. Not sure how he ended up in the cabinet.

ReputationRep:
    Ah.. i'd forgotten all about Owen 'The badgers moved the goalposts' Patterson, a generally dislikable and incompetent minister. Not sure how he ended up in the cabinet.
    He's a bit like your traditional rural Conservative bloke, and had a bit more support from the farming community due to his disdain for regulation and his Euroskepticism (both are linked to each other). You know what some farmers can be like about things like that, they generally don't like paperwork, regulation, and "the government" interfering with things.

He certainly wasn't given the job because he was the best person for it. He probably only stayed in the job so long because he's basically the only Conservative MP who can out-UKIP UKIP, and he was only removed because Cameron wanted to shake up his cabinet prior to the General election.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Mark Reckless - cowardly traitor
    George Osbourne - idiot
    David Cameron - uurrrgghh
    IDS - out-of-touch always gets it wrong
    Alex Salmond - liar
    Nigel Farage - hollow crook

ReputationRep:
    Iain Duncan Smith - need I say more?

Owen Patterson - utter moron

Liz Truss - complete utter moron, for following the utter moron

Theresa May - sheer incompetence

George Osborne - incompetent, out of touch, uneconomically minded oaf

Alun Cairnes (Wales Office minister) - "...after legalising gay marriage, what's next? Legalising incest?" (Something along those lines, as he said in the Commons) What close-minded, right-wing fruitcake does this spineless man think he is? No wonder I've spent not far off £200 (from my own pocket) in train fares to get him ejected from the Vale of Glamorgan!

ReputationRep:
    Nick Clegg
    Jeremy Hunt
    Jack Straw
    Neil Hamilton
    Margaret Beckett
    David Cameron

All pretty creepy. Oddly enough Cameron is the least creepy of those but he is still an utter prick who now won't even debate on a level playing field when he has had every single advantage behind him, ie background and deference and a sycophantic media.
    Hunt is just a patronising, creepy worm of the worst Tory kind.

Edit-I just swapped Hazel Blears(tough one that) for Neil Hamilton-what a see you next tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    The six SNP MPs.

Sadiq Khan. Nothing massively wrong with what he does, he's just a bit **** and patronising.
    Really? Khans the only labour minister I actually have any time for, he's certainly the most principled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Mark Reckless - cowardly traitor
    George Osbourne - idiot
    David Cameron - uurrrgghh
    IDS - out-of-touch always gets it wrong
    Alex Salmond - liar
    Nigel Farage - hollow crook
    This is an odd collection.

Reckless, like many others, left the Conservatives because the party no longer represented his beliefs. In order to label Reckless a traitor you would have to possess extreme partisan sympathy with the Conservative party. But you seemingly also despise its leadership.

ReputationRep:
    Clarke was right and IIRC plenty of rape victims agreed with him. It would have taken more than that I think. I think it was more his rubbishing of the Tories wanting to exit the HR act that brought him and Grieve, down and let in those buffoons instead.

Don't really hate the last three. I think that Clegg is simply overwhelmed and probably never actually expected to be in government before 2010, while weak i do think he cares even if his Tory bashing strategy is defensive and idiotic.
    Strongly disagree, Clegg has more back bone than most, that's why the labour press and the Tory spin doctors are working overtime to discredit him.

As much as i disagree with the traditional conservatism she stands for i don't think you can call her incompetent. Indeed, the main strength in her leadership bid is that she's competent and effective. Hammond is an odious man who once compared gay marriage to incest, that he occupies the position that William Hague had sickens me.. what a politician Hague was though.. ahh, personally think he was made leader 15 years too early.
    I don't like Hague or any of the ones that demanded they leave the EPP and join the fascists...Bill Duce wasn't it?

Agree with your points on Osborne and shapes though.

May once used an article from the daily mail to back leaving the ECHR and got torn apart by Clarke. Then there was the passport debacle not to mention the "go home " vans. Plus she tried to stop the report on drugs being released. She's a sour faced hag that would better belong as a dinner lady for juvenile offenders.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.