Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you agree to become a King/Queen of your own country? watch

ReputationRep:
    Never, I'd get tired of everyone sucking up to me trying to get me to do stuff for them. And I really hate formality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)

...?
    I'm part penis, part girl. :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen47)
    I'm part penis, part girl. :pierre:
    How did you do it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jedanselemyia)
    Yes, because I'd really try to be the best ruler I can for my people. Cheesy but true.
    Said every tyrant ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felamaslen)
    Said every tyrant ever.
    Haha
    But no. My "motherland" is currently ruled by a tyrant so I'd really try not to be one.

ReputationRep:
    yeah may as well

ReputationRep:
    Haha
    But no. My "motherland" is currently ruled by a tyrant so I'd really try not to be one.
    Sorry to hear that. May I ask which country this is?

Democratic reform is the answer. The best rulers are the ones who are so sceptical of the benevolence of their own rule, that they willingly hand over their power after a few years in office.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namename)
    If you were offered to become a King/Queen of your own country, would you accept such an offer? If yes, why, if not, why not?
    The country can be anywhere in the world.
    No because you basically give up your right to freedom and to be your own person entirely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Yes - I would conquer all and slaughter all that opposed me.
    Is that you, Genghis?

ReputationRep:
    I've always wanted to say "Off with their head!"

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that. May I ask which country this is?

Democratic reform is the answer. The best rulers are the ones who are so sceptical of the benevolence of their own rule, that they willingly hand over their power after a few years in office.
    The Gambia

True, monarchies aren't usually the best regimes.
    Not bad, I'd do that actually!

ReputationRep:
    The Gambia

True, monarchies aren't usually the best regimes.
    Not bad, I'd do that actually!
    Then you wouldn't be monarch for long

ReputationRep:
    No. I have no idea how to rule a country

ReputationRep:
    Then you wouldn't be monarch for long
    True
    But I don't mind. I'd rather be an advisor.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely!

I enjoy waving, have a killer handshake, and own a dog! Pretty much mastered the job already.

ReputationRep:
    Is that you, Genghis?

I've always preferred the Roman Emperors.

I'd retain parliament to deal with tax and spend (having a degree in Economics i'd not be stupid enough to impoverish my own people) while parliament would obey me on matters of defense and foreign policy. I would eventually be Viceroy of the Terran Imperium. First priority would be to have all overseas territories join the UK and sign a non-aggression pact with China and India. Second priority would be to take Lebanon and Madagascar along with any other islands bordering Africa (i'd clear the local populations and fill these places with Brits while using the resources and time to fuel my ambition - i would also start mining Antarctica and agree support Anglospheric and European claims). I would of course then deal with those pesky Argies by taking all land within 100m of the coast and taking their section of Antarctica.

I should add that a massive focus would be placed on developing a spacecraft that could fire from orbit. Once i had a fleet of those, i could anonymously launch a massive attack on every non-nuclear country's ability to make war (army bases, ships, air bases) making them putty in my hands once my fleet is ready on earth.

You know, my mother once called me a meglomaniac.. i don't know what she was talking about.

I forgot to add that i'd have essentially free movement coming in from the Anglosphere to fuel the population growth and therefore armed forces.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'd consider it if it were to remain a constitutional monarchy rather than an absolute or feudal monarchy or really anything where the monarchy has to be in charge of everything.

If I get bored of it or want a more normal life there's always the possibility of abdication.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, just so I could give away/steel a load of money and wealth and then role in a republic.

ReputationRep:
    I've just done some calculation. It's been 1055 years since my house ruled China.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)

I've always preferred the Roman Emperors.

I'd retain parliament to deal with tax and spend (having a degree in Economics i'd not be stupid enough to impoverish my own people) while parliament would obey me on matters of defense and foreign policy. I would eventually be Viceroy of the Terran Imperium. First priority would be to have all overseas territories join the UK and sign a non-aggression pact with China and India. Second priority would be to take Lebanon and Madagascar along with any other islands bordering Africa (i'd clear the local populations and fill these places with Brits while using the resources and time to fuel my ambition - i would also start mining Antarctica and agree support Anglospheric and European claims). I would of course then deal with those pesky Argies by taking all land within 100m of the coast and taking their section of Antarctica.

I should add that a massive focus would be placed on developing a spacecraft that could fire from orbit. Once i had a fleet of those, i could anonymously launch a massive attack on every non-nuclear country's ability to make war (army bases, ships, air bases) making them putty in my hands once my fleet is ready on earth.

You know, my mother once called me a meglomaniac.. i don't know what she was talking about.

I forgot to add that i'd have essentially free movement coming in from the Anglosphere to fuel the population growth and therefore armed forces.
    Megalomania is one of your many issues, judging from this post...

I also notice a whiff of racism.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.