Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)
    Be afraid. Be very afraid.

A young persons brain is wired for risk. remove inhibition with alcohol and the recipe for a nightmare is an off-licence or supermarket away.

Less socially adept teens will take a social compensation approach - and go wild.

A collection of horror stories:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-girl-14.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...oes-wrong.html

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....tagram-7178851

http://www.mydaily.co.uk/2014/05/06/...sily-go-wrong/

Get good insurance. Good luck!
    Gr8 m8 I r8 but I'm gonna be inviting about 35 people and I'll be giving my address on a PRIVATE/HIDDEN Facebool event within 24 hours of IT occurring, if I give my address later it'll give gate crashes less time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    1) Invite only and only invite decent people - not ********s. If you're really concerned, ask around and see if any of your friends knows anyone who's a door supervisor that you can borrow for the evening.

2) If you only invite decent people, then this shouldn't be difficult - you say where's off limits and they'll stick to it, but again, if you're expecting it to get rowdy, then a door supervisor is a good shout again - they can just hang in the hallway and manage the door and the staircase.

3) Anything valuable should be moved out of harms way. A garage or an attic are ideal, but bedrooms are good places to store these things if you're looking to keep people on the ground floor.

Pro tip: make sure you have the details for a good cleaner handy for the morning after and make sure that you're considerate to your neighbours - you'll look like a right charlie if the council or the Police come round to break it up when the party's in full swing.

Source: have run house parties.
    Haha! Seems a bit drastic? Hiring a bouncer for a house party? But then again, I've never seen anyone do it from past experience!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcEmAn911)
    Haha! Seems a bit drastic? Hiring a bouncer for a house party? But then again, I've never seen anyone do it from past experience!
    Can be helpful in dealing with the +1's to +10's that are the usual ******s that spoil it for everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Can be helpful in dealing with the +1's to +10's that are the usual ******s that spoil it for everyone else.
    True but I've never seen anyone consider hiring them for a house party...!

ReputationRep:
    Ohhhh god I have some mad horror stories about a huge party my mates and I throw every year. First year was a disaster, we did not anticipate how mad it would be. Gate crashers stole ****, graffittied walls, started fights, broke stuff etc...

We actually do hire security guards now and charge entry to the party. We use the tickets to have a list we can check ticket numbers against as well as ID people to ensure only the right people get in, one of the security checks the tickets at the start of the night. Honestly for a oarty with 100+ people you must have security. The ticket costs can cover the security, a keg or two and a tonne of sound equipment to hire

Charge, Ticket and get security

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.