Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I get a muslim girl to be my GF(not like other threads) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Up quark)
    If you stuck by the laws of allah, you wouldnt be in this mess. You have to stop talking to her ok

Yes, he can. But op has already said that this is out of the question.

Rasulullah (saw) did encourage people do get married early tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
    he said they are too young for an official marriage, they could always have an unofficial one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gen. AIDEED)
    thats just awkward m8
    Given they want to get married and he's doing well to stay on deen, I think he doesn't mind too much. They even have a whatsapp group and her father is there to moderate. It's interesting how he can simply private message her but he chooses not too, as to not disrespect her dad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groot)
    Please be serious. Muslim GF is an oxymoron.
    It really is for the girl to decide, nobody else.

ReputationRep:
    Yes yes you want to spend time. Next it'll be a little trip round the park. Next it's a date in pizza hut. Next it's a little hig and peck on the cheek. And then zina. This is how shaitaan works... Little by little encourages you away from the path of allah

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know she is strong enough, not to do this.
    At first she would not even walk by my side.

ReputationRep:
    he said they are too young for an official marriage, they could always have an unofficial one
    Unofficial? Whats this? If they are not properly married and the marriage contract hasnt been signed then she is still off-limits

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo radical one)
    It really is for the girl to decide, nobody else.
    The girl here can't decide on a relationship like this. They're Muslims. They'd have to compromise their religion if they want to go ahead with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    Given they want to get married and he's doing well to stay on deen, I think he doesn't mind too much. They even have a whatsapp group and her father is there to moderate. It's interesting how he can simply private message her but he chooses not too, as to not disrespect her dad.
    I can 100% say I will never touch her in that way.
    We spend lots of time alone while studying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apple1992)
    I can 100% say I will never touch her in that way.
    We spend lots of time alone while studying.
    You're not even meant to spend time alone together akh. Get with brothers and study with them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Unofficial? Whats this? If they are not properly married and the marriage contract hasnt been signed then she is still off-limits

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought official marriage was getting married with both families knowing and nikah walimah and all that, to me an unofficial marriage is just grab 4 guys and an imam from the mosque, nikah, job done

ReputationRep:
    So sad how religion complicates a simple friendship / relationship between a lovely guy and girl.

ReputationRep:
    You're not even meant to spend time alone together akh. Get with brothers and study with them

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But we are both strong.
    We can control ourselves, and channel desires in other ways.
    Hence arguing.

ReputationRep:
    I thought official marriage was getting married with both families knowing and nikah walimah and all that, to me an unofficial marriage is just grab 4 guys and an imam from the mosque, nikah, job done
    yeah she told me this too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groot)
    The girl here can't decide on a relationship like this. They're Muslims. They'd have to compromise their religion if they want to go ahead with it.
    No.. they can get married. He just chooses not to be brave enough to ask the girls dad. It's certainly plausible ground for a potential relationship. Just needs to add an element of official seriousness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groot)
    So sad how religion complicates a simple friendship / relationship between a lovely guy and girl.
    This. tbf If you make the choice to be in such a backwards and restrictive religion, then you've gotta stop whining about bits of it you don't like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apple1992)
    yeah she told me this too.
    You need the permission of the Wali (her dad)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groot)
    we are both strong, and would never touch each other.
    We spend time alone most of the time.
    We channel out desires in other ways, hence the arguing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groot)
    You don't understand religion or religious thinking

I could go on the TSR Islamic society/see the posts of serious Muslims and find so many things which I could provide a strong Islamic argument are technically Haram (I don't actually care enough to do this.)

Yet these Muslims do not see themselves as committing sin, heck there are schools of Islamic thinking which hold that taking photos of oneself is Haram, yet our good friend Abdul-Karim, despite taking Islam seriously, posts his pics on this website, there are also Imans who disagree and say that photography is Halal. The point I am making is that religion is as much a subjective relationship with yourself as it is with laws, it's not objective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groot)
    He's not ready for marriage yet. Why does Islam not have a middle ground equivalent to dating? Why so extreme?
    There is.. but with her dad present.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groot)
    Please be serious. Muslim GF is an oxymoron.
    This :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    You need the permission of the Wali (her dad)
    or a muslim ruler

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.