Turn on thread page Beta

Teen dates her FATHER and makes plans for marriage watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jedanselemyia)
    True that. But still
    It's just weird that adult incest is even allowed in New Jersey, where they live ������
    It's weird that it's allowed, though as I've said I don't think it should be outlawed for the reasons stated.

Should be condemned and advised against though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAmanze)
    It is wrong but to be fair, only because society says so. If we think about it - how did we come about? It was via this method.

I agree it is bad but not the most shocking thing in the world.
    No, it's wrong because any children born to two close relatives are much, much more likely to have major problems than a child born to a regular couple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mackemforever)
    No, it's wrong because any children born to two close relatives are much, much more likely to have major problems than a child born to a regular couple.
    I clearly said it's wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silentshadows)
    inb4 daddy's home
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe you guys think this is fine :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clh_hilary)
    It's weird that it's allowed, though as I've said I don't think it should be outlawed for the reasons stated.

Should be condemned and advised against though.
    All in moderation. Anyway, it's not like it's really prevalent so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaLDN)
    I don't think it's fine!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure there will be plenty of people laying the blame on homosexuality, gay marriage and all that jazz, using the well worn "slippery slope" argument.

ReputationRep:
    My first thought was... who walks her down the aisle then!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Could you imagine this from her father's eyes. The fact that he was probably holding her before she could talk, while he was teaching her how to use the toilet, taking her to her first day of school, taking her to activities, and then screwing her when she is an adult. I cannot see how you can not be repulsed by that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ekemini)
    I almost did too. What is the big deal about Daily mail though?
    Eh, clickbait.

And their articles tend to be pointless... and frequently discussed on TSR...

ReputationRep:
    lmao gross

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    There's a notable difference between homosexuality and incest.

Homosexuality doesn't reproduce problematic children, and instead research showed that they'd be better parents.

If it involves children, it's not just about those two consenting adults.
    I didn't relate them as acts, I related them as cultural taboos.

I would also point out that incest doesn't automatically bring children into the equation. There's same sex incest and there are incestrious couples that refuse to have children because they're aware of the deformities that their children would likely be born with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reluire)
    I didn't relate them as acts, I related them as cultural taboos.

I would also point out that incest doesn't automatically bring children into the equation. There's same sex incest and there are incestrious couples that refuse to have children because they're aware of the deformities that their children would likely be born with.
    I'm perfectly all right with the other two cases provided that they are consenting adults. I don't think it's a problem with there are more than two parties involved either.

But in this very case, the pair made it clear that they are planning on having children.

ReputationRep:
    who gives a damn? it's their business and they're not harming anybody
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm perfectly all right with the other two cases provided that they are consenting adults. I don't think it's a problem with there are more than two parties involved either.

But in this very case, the pair made it clear that they are planning on having children.
    Yeah, there certainly is a big question mark looming over their desire to have children by natural means.

But at the same time, do we stop people with hereditary diseases like Huntington's or Cystic Fibrosis from reproducing? Do we even condemn them in the same way many of us condemn people like this for wanting children?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reluire)
    Yeah, there certainly is a big question mark looming over their desire to have children by natural means.

But at the same time, do we stop people with hereditary diseases like Huntington's or Cystic Fibrosis from reproducing? Do we even condemn them in the same way many of us condemn people like this for wanting children?
    I've already mentioned that if we allow those people to reproduce, there's really no reason why we should stop these people to reproduce.

I also said that we could condemn or advise against them. There are reasons behind condemning instead of just discouraging. If the pair understands the consequences on the children, yet still make an informed decision to reproduce, I think we should condemn. It also depends on the actual risks - if an HIV-carrying mother has done precautions to prevent her infant from being infected, it's fine; if she chooses not to do anything about it, it should be condemned.

ReputationRep:
    Would def be harassing them if I were their neighbour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaLDN)
    Exactly. My first thought when I saw the replies was that This generation has lost it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greg Jackson)
    lmao gross

Yuck. The whole thing is just wrong. Sleeping with your father

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.