Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schindlers list)
    What he said is true
    Doing politics at Oxford > finance at Manchester Metropolitan
    Of course Oxford/Cambridge. But something like Music degree cannot get you into IB 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What grades did you get as and predicted ?
    (Original post by realcloud)
    Of course Oxford/Cambridge. But something like Music degree cannot get you into IB 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clh_hilary)
    I mean they are all very bad universities but Hallam is better I guess.

But if you study in Manchester, you may be able to build up your connection for being in the city.

I don't know.
    Hmmm. Northumbria is the largest university in the north east - is 12 places higher than reading for Computer science - Sir Jonatham Ive who designed the ipad & iphone is a graduate so is Victoria pendleton - you need to see where the university is in the league tables for your particular course first of all ,then take it from there - how many hours contact teaching etc - which companies the university has connections with - that is a good starting point - as for the comment probably didnt get the grades 320 and above seems to be the average for most courses - the accommodation is great - cost of living low and academic scholarships and bursaries generous - I have no info on the other unis you mentioned though,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schindlers list)
    What grades did you get as and predicted ?
    D*D*D*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minionmum)
    Hmmm. Northumbria is the largest university in the north east - is 12 places higher than reading for Computer science - Sir Jonatham Ive who designed the ipad & iphone is a graduate so is Victoria pendleton - you need to see where the university is in the league tables for your particular course first of all ,then take it from there - how many hours contact teaching etc - which companies the university has connections with - that is a good starting point - as for the comment probably didnt get the grades 320 and above seems to be the average for most courses - the accommodation is great - cost of living low and academic scholarships and bursaries generous - I have no info on the other unis you mentioned though,
    University league tables are a joke as getting a first at northumbria is better than getting 2:2 at a Higher institution?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minionmum)
    OP is talking about wanting to start an investment banking career tho. I don't think any of the mentioned factors matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by realcloud)
    Of course Oxford/Cambridge. But something like Music degree cannot get you into IB ������

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Depends on the university still.

None of your chosen universities could so I don't know what point you're trying to make here. You can go and do a PhD in whatever in any one of them after a bachelor's and a master's there but still won't help you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clh_hilary)
    Depends on the university still.

None of your chosen universities could so I don't know what point you're trying to make here. You can go and do a PhD in whatever in any one of them after a bachelor's and a master's there but still won't help you.
    I plan on doing a masters in banking and investment at a higher university.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.