Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puresha)
    oh gosh, about the same :') i absolutely HATE chemistry tho
    I didn't even like it at gcse😂 you can always drop it after AS anyway if you're sure you don't need it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaValentine)
    Hey

GCSEs: 8A*s and 4As
    A-levels: geography, biology, English literature and art (dropping art after AS)
    Subject: geography

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey are you aqa for English literature?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaValentine)
    No I'm on Edexcel :/

Wow I just looked at your A-level subjects... How are you finding doing 4 essay subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ohh
    It's tiring but I love to write so it's okay! My kind of hell would be maths and sciences

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm struggling with AS chemistry but my other AS subjects are fine.

ReputationRep:
    Subscribed!!

GCSE - 9A* 2A
    AS levels - Biology, Chemistry, Maths, English Language
    Subject - Biosciences

Hi guys! It's awesome that this thread is finally here. Durham is such a great (and competitive) uni, it'll be nice to meet some fellow hopefuls.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Applescruff, yeah I realise it's early but I feel the same way - the motivation is great

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jill800)
    So many stars I think I'm in space

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awww that's the cutest thing anyone has said! XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm struggling with AS chemistry but my other AS subjects are fine.
    same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puresha)
    same
    it's going to be 2 tough years I guess.What course do you want to apply to in Durham?

ReputationRep:
    Gcses- 9A*s 4As
    As levels- maths, further maths, chemistry and physics

I want to do a Meng and Durham is excellent for maths affiliated subjects, so I'm thinking of applying

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    it's going to be 2 tough years I guess.What course do you want to apply to in Durham?
    indeed. psychology, you? what other subjects do you take?

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Hoping to do medicine with a foundation year here.I also do biology , physics and Maths as well as chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing we're all looking at pretty much A*AA courses

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Going for History
    Don't have any equivalent of GSCE grades because I've been studying in the States for the past 5 years. But I'm currently doing the IB and my HLs are History, English and Philosophy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afern)
    Going for History
    Don't have any equivalent of GSCE grades because I've been studying in the States for the past 5 years. But I'm currently doing the IB and my HLs are History, English and Philosophy
    Hey - I do pretty much the same subjects as you for my AS levels, how are you finding it? I know the IB seems even more of a challenge

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jill800)
    Hey - I do pretty much the same subjects as you for my AS levels, how are you finding it? I know the IB seems even more of a challenge

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm finding it pretty hard because of the workload but it's definitely doable. I think I've found that it's the workload not the content itself that makes IB so hard. But also I went to an International School for all of primary school so I'm sort of used to the IB way of thinking.

This semester's been way harder than last semester though so I might want to change this in a few weeks ahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afern)
    I'm finding it pretty hard because of the workload but it's definitely doable. I think I've found that it's the workload not the content itself that makes IB so hard. But also I went to an International School for all of primary school so I'm sort of used to the IB way of thinking.

This semester's been way harder than last semester though so I might want to change this in a few weeks ahaha
    Yes it's good to think anything is possible and ah heard the workload is ridiculous so props to you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    going for Law!

GCSE's- 10 A*'s
    Predicted 4 A's in History, English Lit, RS and Psychology!

anyone else looking to do Law?

what colleges is everyone looking at ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris Cartner)
    If you've got any questions about the City itself, I can answer questions as I'm a local

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is Durham nightlife as bad as people make it out to be haha?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellawhite4686)
    going for Law!

GCSE's- 10 A*'s
    Predicted 4 A's in History, English Lit, RS and Psychology!

anyone else looking to do Law?

what colleges is everyone looking at ?
    University college looks like an absolute dream to live in! Besides the castle I also like the sound of st. chad's college and Hatfield that are on the bailey

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.