Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you like Stephen Fry? watch

• View Poll Results: Stephen Fry yay or nay?
    Like him
    76.47%
    Dislike him
    23.53%

• Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Yes. I guess so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Stephen Fry seems to encourage a feeling of (slightly) irrational hatred in a lot of people! I too would have to agree that there is a 'thing' about him that really winds me up. Personally, I dislike his vehement attacks on the church and theism in general. Sometimes it feels like he isn't just expressing his opinion, but forcing it rather violently upon everyone within shouting distance... Quite distasteful.

ReputationRep:
    I really like him. He's of moderate intelligence and is very aware of his limitations, very humble. The idea that he's arrogant is utterly baseless. His novels are pretty good too, I liked Making History a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Hes an amazing guy, very clever and multi talented man and very witty when hes o QI

ReputationRep:
    He's alright.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree with some of his views/actions, but on the whole I quite like him. Some people view him as pretentious, but he is genuinely very intelligent.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I like him but I do see why some people can't take to his humour and personality. He isn't everyone's cup of tea.

ReputationRep:
    I really like him. I like his books.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebony19)
    Can't tell, you being serious?
    For money.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.