Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How often do you charge your smartphone battery? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Usually just every night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily.97)
    The battery life varies depending on what you do on it. If I play games/use the internet/ use the timer, it drains quite quickly, which can be frustrating, but it seems like smart phones are like that in general any way.

I'm no technopobe so I can't compare my current phone with anything, but I haven't had many problems with it. And the google aspects of the phone are very useful!
    Ok thanks ....its at a good price too :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have an iPhone 5 and charge it most nights. I usually have to top it up during the day if I use 3G/Facebook or play games but it can last a day and a half if I don't use it much.

ReputationRep:
    Too bloody often e.g. near enough every day :rolleyes:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Mind you, I got it 2nd hand (iPhone 4) and could have replaced the battery by now.. in fact, I think I will the next time it runs down :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Every few nights. My phone has an abnormally good battery :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Once every two days or so (iPhone 6). Before I upgraded, I had to charge my iPhone 5 at least twice a day.

ReputationRep:
    When my girlfriend worked in a call centre for phone repairs she got really annoyed with the amount of people that couldn't wrap their heads around the fact that their smartphones' battery lasted for a damn sight shorter than their old brick phone. Apparently they just refused to understand that a handheld device that is in essence a small computer uses a lot more power than a phone that would break the patio if you dropped it.

The amount I have to charge mine varies. If I'm not playing games? Once every 2-3 days, not even that it's just sitting in my pocket and I'm only using it for answering texts. Playing games? Near enough every day, but never twice a day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billybob2)
    Every 2 days best not let it go to 0 keep above 20 and charge then also don't let it go too 100%

Although even charged every day for 2 years it won't need replacing
    I thought you were meant to charge it to 100% every time and then let it drain to 0?? not that I ever do that

ReputationRep:
    I top my phone up at least twice a day, but then again I use it quite a lot and its an iphone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    Usually just every night.
    Off topic but you are very pretty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrocd2014)
    Off topic but you are very pretty
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Only once a month you need it charged 0 to 100%

(Original post by TheJammieDodger)
    I thought you were meant to charge it to 100% every time and then let it drain to 0?? not that I ever do that

ReputationRep:
    Guys anyone with an iPhone 6 who can share battery gossip?

ReputationRep:
    I have an HTC one M8 and it can heroically last for 2 days of being (ab)used and it will proudly show 35%. I charge it every night though I feel better if my battery is over 70%

ReputationRep:
    Every year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I charge my Nexus 5 daily and Nokia 5228 like 2 times a week since I rarely use it.

ReputationRep:
    My Galaxy S5 Mini has an awful battery, by the end of the day it is typically around 20% when I've likely only used it to listen to music on the way to and from school.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.