The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
@HAnwar: i thought it was 4 too :s just went throught the alevels syllabus for 2015, its got a table there which says 3 papers for complete Alevels students. you can check too :s im confused now :tongue:
Reply 21
Yeah I just checked it out. That's strange. A 105 marks for a paper is a lot if you can manage it.
Original post by rise303
@HAnwar: i thought it was 4 too :s just went throught the alevels syllabus for 2015, its got a table there which says 3 papers for complete Alevels students. you can check too :s im confused now :tongue:

No it's 4. The 3 exam ones are for first teaching in September 2015.
What about Accounting as its related to Business than other subjects such as sociology.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AzadRiaz96
What about Accounting as its related to Business than other subjects such as sociology.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's the workload like in accounting?
Reply 25
what do you mean? i have to appear in 4 exams? how so?

accounting is slightly realated to econ and buss, but the workload is ALOT. couldnt manage even if i studied 12 hours straight daily
Reply 26
http://www.cie.org.uk/images/128635-2015-syllabus.pdf it says nothing about 4 exams here :s
Original post by rise303
what do you mean? i have to appear in 4 exams? how so?

accounting is slightly realated to econ and buss, but the workload is ALOT. couldnt manage even if i studied 12 hours straight daily

The new A-levels start next year.
Reply 28
either im really panicking or im retarted, not getting what youre trying to say. i checked the 2014 and 15 syllabus. it says "Cambridge International A Level candidates have two choices. Candidates who want to take the whole of the Cambridge International A Level qualification at the end of a course of study take all three paperstogether. Candidates who want to get the Cambridge International A Level qualification in two stages take
the Cambridge International AS Level first. If they pass Cambridge International AS Level, they then only
need to take Paper 3 in order to complete the Cambridge International A Level."
Original post by rise303
either im really panicking or im retarted, not getting what youre trying to say. i checked the 2014 and 15 syllabus. it says "Cambridge International A Level candidates have two choices. Candidates who want to take the whole of the Cambridge International A Level qualification at the end of a course of study take all three paperstogether. Candidates who want to get the Cambridge International A Level qualification in two stages take
the Cambridge International AS Level first. If they pass Cambridge International AS Level, they then only
need to take Paper 3 in order to complete the Cambridge International A Level."

You are correct for Cambridge international A-level. I was checking the others as I didn't realise you were international.
Reply 31
ohh sorry bout that. and thanks everyone here sooo much. specially you morgan and HAnwar helping me figure out. Helped me loads!
Original post by morgan8002
What's the workload like in accounting?

Its reasonable, I've also studied Economics and its just a little more I'd say

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
No problem. Good luck with whichever subject you pick :smile:
Original post by rise303
ohh sorry bout that. and thanks everyone here sooo much. specially you morgan and HAnwar helping me figure out. Helped me loads!

You're welcome. I wish you luck with sociology or whichever subject you pick.
Original post by rise303
hi, Im seriously screwed
i've got 2 alevels done with C,B. i need a third one, and i need to do it it 3 months, will be appearing in this may/june session as a private candidate. Suggest me some full alevels subjects that are doable. Im aiming for a C, since i have no time.

p.s: i know i've screwed, so i dont need anyone telling me. So if you cant give me some useful advice, dont bother posting here telling how im screwed.

Thanks a million

AQA Economics
Original post by WhoDaresWins
AQA Economics

They already have economics. Read the thread.
They already have economics. Read the thread.

Nah why don't you read the thread, I came here to answer the question.
Original post by WhoDaresWins
Nah why don't you read the thread, I came here to answer the question.

I have and you answered wrongly. They already have economics so your suggestion is pointless. If you have a good suggestion then by all means share it.
Ps. I don't think they can do AQA anyway as they are international.
(edited 9 years ago)
I have and you answered wrongly. They already have economics so your suggestion is pointless. If you have a good suggestion then by all means share it.

Physics (It's got loads of GCSE terms so it's easy)

Latest