Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My OCD used to be so bad, I mean I got counselling due to the extremity of it but now I still have it :')

- Only using my right hand to do stuff, for instance picking up things, if I use my left hand I have to drop it and re-pick it up with my right hand
    - the tv and car radio only being on numbers that are even or not in decimals of 3
    - the number thing also applies to other aspects of my life for instance when brushing my teeth I would never spit (sorry gross) 3 times I would only ever do it 2 or 4 times
    -checking things are locked, my car especially!

Very annoying but you live with it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesManc)
    Loads really
    1) Can't have volume at anything other than 10s e.g. 10, 20, 30
    2) Have to tap switches and doors and gates usually in multiples of 3
    3) Only use certain pens, and plates and knives/forks/spoons/cups
    4) Don't like to throw certain things away or rearranging my room
    5) Must type certain letters with each hand
    6) Sometimes rewrite over words until it feels right
    7) Do not read negative words in books and skip over them
    The rewriting words I do all the time too! And I'll go over the last letter of the word constantly, glad I'm not alone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SavingAimee)
    The rewriting words I do all the time too! And I'll go over the last letter of the word constantly, glad I'm not alone

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah it doesn't help in an exam!

ReputationRep:
    I have mostly pure O with rituals thrown in depending how badly I'm suffering, I have intrusive thoughts about incest, murder, rape, peadophila if I have an inappropriate thought i will spend days ruminating worrying am I sick freak, googling, since meds and treatment I've been a lot better it took me 9 years to be diagnosed with Pure O though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vickidc18)
    I have mostly pure O with rituals thrown in depending how badly I'm suffering, I have intrusive thoughts about incest, murder, rape, peadophila if I have an inappropriate thought i will spend days ruminating worrying am I sick freak, googling, since meds and treatment I've been a lot better it took me 9 years to be diagnosed with Pure O though.
    I thought it was just me! The intrusive thoughts are the worst! Because you cant really describe them to people, if i described my thoughts to people i'd deffo be locked up by now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I can't leave my flat and until I've checked the door is locked 3 times.

If I see a picture of an insect, bee, drugs or blood in a book, leaflet etc I have to go and wash my hands even if I didn't touch the book or leaflet. I've done that ever since I was a kid. I used to feel like the drugs in the paper would magically absorb into my skin even though I knew there were no drugs on the paper, only just pictures and words.

Intrusive thoughts. Like a few posters have said, I get the nasty and sadistic kind of thoughts. It never makes me want to go and do those kind of things but its not nice having things like that running through your head.

I Google every health symptom I have and spend hours pretty much diagnosing myself with every illness under the sun.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    I can't leave my flat and until I've checked the door is locked 3 times.

If I see a picture of an insect, bee, drugs or blood in a book, leaflet etc I have to go and wash my hands even if I didn't touch the book or leaflet. I've done that ever since I was a kid. I used to feel like the drugs in the paper would magically absorb into my skin even though I knew there were no drugs on the paper, only just pictures and words.

Intrusive thoughts. Like a few posters have said, I get the nasty and sadistic kind of thoughts. It never makes me want to go and do those kind of things but its not nice having things like that running through your head.

I Google every health symptom I have and spend hours pretty much diagnosing myself with every illness under the sun.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    the massive problem with the way in which mental health is treated in the Western world is that every characteristic which is to do with personality which isn't deemed 'normal' is labelled as a condition/disease. This makes it worse for the person with the 'problem' because often a problem isn't a problem unless someone labels it as such.

Under the current way of things, I think 100% of the world's population has some 'mental health issue'.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.