Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hattie.ross)
    Hi! So I think it went fairly well thank you (without jinxing anything!) So registration was really simple, literally just ticked our name off the list and got a name label! Parents were allowed to stay for the introductory talk which covered similar areas as on the open day; the structure of the course, placements and QTS tests. After that we watched a 12 minute video (parents stayed for this too which I thought was odd as its part of the interview!!) We were then put into groups and discussed what we saw in the video and then gave our 2 minute talk and that was pretty much it! The day was fairly relaxed and informal so nothing to worry about, good luck! X
    Do they not give you individual interviews? wooo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanna07)
    Do they give you an individual interview? Do they go through your PS or anything? xx
    Hi!
    No, the interview is just the group talk about the DVD and your presentation/talk about your chosen topic, no individual interviews or anything about your PS xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maccisha)
    Hi!
    No, the interview is just the group talk about the DVD and your presentation/talk about your chosen topic, no individual interviews or anything about your PS xx
    oh okay. Thankyou! xx

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an interview on February 11th? I'm still waiting for an email with the details, but I'm not stressing over that now, given that all the information is posted here.My session is between 10 and 12, which is great as my train home isn't until 5 or 6, so I have all day to explore Manchester (never actually been before, you see) I find it odd that we're assessed purely on group tasks and presentations, an individual interview to me makes sense (definitely not complaining though) But the lack of an individual interview does make it feel a bit like a

ReputationRep:
    "luck of the draw" thing (I'm not sure why that got cut off).

Manchester's interview process seems very chilled, which I like A LOT. York St John has got my stressed beyond belief with the amount of work it requires, they only give you just under 2 weeks notice too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuisCrooks)
    Anyone got an interview on February 11th? I'm still waiting for an email with the details, but I'm not stressing over that now, given that all the information is posted here.My session is between 10 and 12, which is great as my train home isn't until 5 or 6, so I have all day to explore Manchester (never actually been before, you see) I find it odd that we're assessed purely on group tasks and presentations, an individual interview to me makes sense (definitely not complaining though) But the lack of an individual interview does make it feel a bit like a
    I have an interview on the 11th. But I do have one on Wednesday at Lancaster so depending on how that goes I don't know whether I'm going to go to them all. If I do I shall see you there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuisCrooks)
    "luck of the draw" thing (I'm not sure why that got cut off).

Manchester's interview process seems very chilled, which I like A LOT. York St John has got my stressed beyond belief with the amount of work it requires, they only give you just under 2 weeks notice too!
    I'm still waiting to hear back from York 😕 how long did it take you to hear back from them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameliaMgostage)
    I have an interview on the 11th. But I do have one on Wednesday at Lancaster so depending on how that goes I don't know whether I'm going to go to them all. If I do I shall see you there!
    Yeah, I'm debating going to my Northumbria interview, if I hear from Sunderland by March and manage to get an offer or interview, I don't think I'll be going to Northumbria, it was sort of my last resort. How is the Lancaster interview structured? Is it anything like Manchester? I can't quite work out whether Manchester is really chilled or York St John is just really stressful, because they're structured completely differently! :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairyfairyfairy)
    I'm still waiting to hear back from York ������ how long did it take you to hear back from them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A few weeks, I was pretty worried about it at first, because I got a reply from another university within a few days, but I sent my application off in November and got a reply just before Christmas, from York. I wouldn't worry about the amount of time it takes them to reply, they have until May to make a decision, so the length of time they take to reply doesn't really reflect their decision

ReputationRep:
    After your mini presentation, how many questions were you asked? Is everyone required to ask a question?

ReputationRep:
    After your mini presentation, how many questions were you asked? Is everyone required to ask a question?
    Hey I had my interview last week and yes each person in the group must ask a question, then the person who presented chooses ONE of the questions to answer. The interviewers asked 1 or 2 questions as well. If you're worried about thinking of questions, just make notes during the other presentations on anything you could ask them to expand on. If they're only talking about one age group ask about other ones, ask about different subjects, the national curriculum, SEN... my interviewers were really relaxed and gave us a few minutes after each presentation so we had time to think of questions.. don't panic. Good luck xx

ReputationRep:
    I have my primary PGCE interview on the 18th of February, I have my UoC - Lancaster one on Tuesday which I am currently preparing for. Lancaster is my first choice as it is easier to get too and from home there (I live in Blackpool). But on the other hand Manchester will be a nicer big city experience! So will see about both but I am basically set on UoC - Lancaster.

Anyone else on the 18th at MMU?

ReputationRep:
    Everyone else in your group (about 4/5people including you) will be asked to ask you something and you pick one of their questions to answer, then the interviewer will also ask you a question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethnonsense)
    Hey I had my interview last week and yes each person in the group must ask a question, then the person who presented chooses ONE of the questions to answer. The interviewers asked 1 or 2 questions as well. If you're worried about thinking of questions, just make notes during the other presentations on anything you could ask them to expand on. If they're only talking about one age group ask about other ones, ask about different subjects, the national curriculum, SEN... my interviewers were really relaxed and gave us a few minutes after each presentation so we had time to think of questions.. don't panic. Good luck xx

Thankyou so much!! I'm really worried about being asked questions. Everytime I think about it I get a min flashback to a speech I did. ( I was super nervous) When everyone started asking me questions I went completely blank and couldn't think of anything to say. Hopefully, it won't happen this time I've already started to prepare myself.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone else in your group (about 4/5people including you) will be asked to ask you something and you pick one of their questions to answer, then the interviewer will also ask you a question
    Thankyou hun x

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou hun x
    That's alright when's your interview?x

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I have my interview on the 4th March. I'm so worried and want to know is there an individual interview after the presentation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kdoherty13)
    Hi,
    I have my interview on the 4th March. I'm so worried and want to know is there an individual interview after the presentation?

Hi there is no individual interview xx

ReputationRep:
    That's alright when's your interview?x
    12th March x

ReputationRep:
    Hi there is no individual interview xx
    Thanks very much. Did you go for your interview and how did you get on?x

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.