Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm extremely unhappy at uni and hate my course. Can i still drop out? watch

ReputationRep:
    It's never too late to quit uni although your final day of your final year would seem like a wasted of thousands of pounds. Oh and graduation day is a bit too late

ReputationRep:
    Also, in my experience, if you aren't happy where you are then you aren't going to put the effort in. There's no point in paying money for a degree that you didn't give your best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redwoods)
    Yes. If the other course is better related to your career then go for it. The other course may be just as stressful though.
    If I were you, I would wait a couple of weeks to think it through and then drop out and find a job for the rest of the academic year and then start the new course the following year. In this time you may feel that university isn't worth the effort or time. The point is you'll have time to think with a bit of cash in your pocket.
    If you are in halls then you may have signed a contract which says that you have to pay for the room for the whole year.
    The thing is, I cant really drop out now because student finance will want their money back. Im gonna attend one lecture a week (the one which actually uses a register) and do the assignments. Im still gonna apply to the course (sept 2015 entry) i want but in the meantime (to avoid the financial stresses of student finance), im gonna hang in there. I dont plan to waste any time on the exams though. As soon as the course ends at the end of march, im out.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redwoods)
    Good luck 😊
    Thanks, do u think its a good plan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BOB2014)
    Thanks, do u think its a good plan?
    Yeah, good plan. Though I would always recommend a part-time job if you're going to have a lot of spare time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    As I said, SF will usually agree a gradual repayment plan if you can demonstrate that you can't pay it back.

Your Mum won't be involved - the debt will be yours. If you leave, her income will become irrelevant and SF will deal only with you.
    Hey, I decided to apply for 2015 sept entry unis now (for the course i want. I phoned the unis and they said they will still consider my application). Im going to try my hardest to stick my current ourse out until end of march (when lectures end) and then not bother coming in for exams. Do you think this is a good idea as i'll avoid student finance repayment stress?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.