Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I assume this is in response to the BBC documentary?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RotatingPhasor)
    I assume this is in response to the BBC documentary?
    Well i largely felt the same way (support the super rich being here but how can we maximise the benefit) but yeah i did watch it. Somewhat interesting although i felt he did make too much of some stuff.

An employment requirement should be less harmful than other solutions because they can bring here a part of their business which already exists elsewhere while still enjoying their London life.

ReputationRep:
    Aye

(Original post by Aph)
    Actually I think that 100 seems too few, 1,000 seems a better number and 10:eek: that isn't even a drop in the ocean. It's a single water molecule or maybe just a hydrogen atom.
    I've been thinking about this, say your salary is £500,000 that means you're taxed £211,000 (est.), you can hire 10 people at £20-21,000 which means this situation is perfectly acceptable whereby you hire 10 people rather than pay £50,000 for non-dom status.

The only way that you can hire 100 people is to earn £5,000,000 minimum a year to have it equal to the tax receipts that you'd pay in the UK. No one, unless you're based in the ME/Asia will pay themselves that much as income.

I don't believe Rakas has thought this through properly at all.

(Original post by Rakas21)
    QFA.
    Any chance of a response?
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    I've been thinking about this, say your salary is £500,000 that means you're taxed £211,000 (est.), you can hire 10 people at £20-21,000 which means this situation is perfectly acceptable whereby you hire 10 people rather than pay £50,000 for non-dom status.

The only way that you can hire 100 people is to earn £5,000,000 minimum a year to have it equal to the tax receipts that you'd pay in the UK. No one, unless you're based in the ME/Asia will pay themselves that much as income.

I don't believe Rakas has thought this through properly at all.
    Could you let me know exactly how much these people should be earning per year to be able to afford to hire 100 people? The above figures didn't include employer contributions so in fact it would end up with less people being employed.

ReputationRep:
    I shall be considering all comments before i send to vote.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    This item is in cessation.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    This has been withdrawn

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.