Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Not feeling much affection from my girlfriend what do you think? Watch

ReputationRep:
    If I just wanted sex then I would go around having one night stand but it's the connection I enjoy the fact I love and respect her makes the sex more than sex hence why I enjoy doing it for her without any benifits to me but to get the same thing back is not happening so I feel undesired

ReputationRep:
    It looks that you are missing something from her not just the sexual part .
    My advice for you is to try not to do things for her that you don't want to do,I.e. don't force yourself to.
    Do things you really would like to do for HER .
    Till her all the things that make you happy and would like from her e.g massage or what ever
    tell her that you are missing the old days .

ReputationRep:
    im in almost exactly the same situation, i hate it. youre not being stupid. this is not normal, you have to man up and tell yourself enough is enough. whats the point of being with someone who doesnt show you affection and doesn't give you what you want. it's completely selfish. im very tempted to say that you should get out of this relationship, it sounds like a terrible ordeal that i wouldnt wish on my worst enemy. men have needs too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ineedsomecookies)
    Yeh I dont want sex to be a problem I feel bad when it is and having to talk to her about it feels horrible she has no problems when she wants it she gets anytime including other things, and when I want it i feel like oliver twist asking for more
    Don't feel like that. She's being very selfish only getting what she wants out of the relationship. You can't force her to have sex with you (obviously) but the other extra things do need to be balanced more, because you're not happy.
    Both people need to be happy or it just won't work. Have a proper heart to heart about everything, how you feel and how things can change. Give her a chance to speak to, but if things don't change and you stay unhappy chances are you'll end up resenting her, so if things don't change it'll be best to leave, either that or you'll be living like this until things do end/forever.

ReputationRep:
    To the people who are saying she doesn't appreciate him.. how on earth do you know? When I've been through tough times, this post could describe my own relationship to a tee - when I'm feeling down, sex is the last thing on my mind, but my partner is so understanding and accommodating about it.

Relationships have no set rules. Some have sex 10 times a day, others have sex pretty much never. It's not the girl being spiteful, lazy or unappreciative - it may just be that what she wants no longer matches what you want. And if this is the case then you have two choices. Either decide that sex isn't that important and you love her regardless, or realise that you want sex - are never going to get enough of it from her - and move on.

Sometimes people just don't match, and things don't work out.

Maybe find out if there's a reason she's behaving like this, if it's not normal for her, but if she's always been this way then honestly you can't make her change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplelamp)
    Don't feel like that. She's being very selfish only getting what she wants out of the relationship. You can't force her to have sex with you (obviously) but the other extra things do need to be balanced more, because you're not happy.
    Both people need to be happy or it just won't work. Have a proper heart to heart about everything, how you feel and how things can change. Give her a chance to speak to, but if things don't change and you stay unhappy chances are you'll end up resenting her, so if things don't change it'll be best to leave, either that or you'll be living like this until things do end/forever.
    Exactly how I'm feeling, I have had a heart to heart and it was nearly over well at least for me. I guess she felt how tense it was but maybe never knew what I was potentionaly about to say, the feelings I felt then was unreal really not a good feeling but still I wanted tell her because I wasn't happy but after being toghether so long and I do love her I couldn't. instead I told her that Im gonna how she is and enjoy our relationship as it is.

I felt like I had sacrificed something to keep the relationship going and I did kinda Hope she would do same out of respect for me but its the same if not worse but Its just so hard to let it go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ineedsomecookies)
    Exactly how I'm feeling, I have had a heart to heart and it was nearly over well at least for me. I guess she felt how tense it was but maybe never knew what I was potentionaly about to say, the feelings I felt then was unreal really not a good feeling but still I wanted tell her because I wasn't happy but after being toghether so long and I do love her I couldn't. instead I told her that Im gonna how she is and enjoy our relationship as it is.

I felt like I had sacrificed something to keep the relationship going and I did kinda Hope she would do same out of respect for me but its the same if not worse but Its just so hard to let it go
    If she took on board everything you did say in the conversation, then things should change for the better. If it doesn't change or it gets worse and you are still unhappy you're going to have to seriously consider ending it. You've been together for a long time and love her so it will be difficult, but sometimes you need to do whats best for your own wellbeing. I hope it gets better for you now, you sound like a really great person and she's lucky to have you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Some people on this forum...

Anyway... I think you should have a long hard think about doing the right thing and set her free. You might love her but is it really love when she is just doing all the taking and not giving any?

I'm a believer of karma and if you carry on the relationship anyway and use her for sex it's not good for you. Plus you are making yourself miserable. It's not worth it. If you can't talk to your other half about how you feel and you have to come here it's clear that things aren't working.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    This. It's always the boring girls who end up in relationships, YET the fun, lively ones struggle

Avoid relationships with party girls. Yeah they might be fun and hot, but the fun lively party girls are usually the ones that aren't ready to commit and aren't mature.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to use her for sex and never have and never will if I do keep it going it will be out of sentiment from all the time spent toghether and probably fear of leaving her, even though I feel it's right I can't ignore how it will affect her and that will play on my mind.

She's not horrible, we get on well and are emotional attached from such a long distance relationship but the bad out weighs the good and I can see it getting worse later on other things becoming problems.

I know for some guys leaving girls with no looking back is easy and sometimes a common thing but for me I will struggle

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.