Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

British/European boys, would you date a Middle Eastern girl? watch

ReputationRep:
    There are many many British / European guys who love middle eastern girls, most men really don't care where you come from, attraction is attraction after all, plus this country is beyond diverse anyhow =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm from a (relatively) liberal Middle Eastern country, currently in my first year at uni. I was raised in a Muslim culture but I'm not religious at all and I'm usually attracted to European guys. However I feel like they back off when I tell them my home country. I'm not really into boys from my culture, but I may also come across as being reserved compared to British girls as I don't wear revealing clothes or get involved in casual hookups.

Anyway title says it all really.
    You will always face the problem of 'white guys' being wary of you once you tell them where you're originally from and most probably wouldn't want to be in a relationship with someone,like you, who's from a muslim background and has muslim family etc.
    That being said,you can give it a try,i'm sure some would love to and others maybe not so much.
    where in the Middle East are you from?

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing they wouldn't want to deal with, what could be a very religious Muslim family.

ReputationRep:
    Aye, I would.

ReputationRep:
    I know loads of Middle Eastern (Turkish) women married to British men, so it does happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisychain_)
    I know loads of Middle Eastern (Turkish) women married to British men, so it does happen.
    Yes but Turks aren't all that religious,it's a secular country.

(Original post by matthewduncan)
    i meant why dont you just date a middle eastern man.
    Surely your cultures would be the same,like the same music,food etc
    Here's your answer:

I wouldn't automatically turn down a guy just because he's Middle Eastern, but after living in a Muslim country for 20 years I've come to the conclusion that misogynist values are so deeply ingrained into the minds of men in those countries that even the most enlightened of them may have shocking thoughts. Simple example: a survey was conducted at the top uni of my country and roughly 70% of the respondent men had sexual intercourse before, yet they almost unanimously said they would want their wife to be a virgin.

Also, as superficial as this sounds, I find it kinda daft to look for men from my culture after travelling all the way to the UK, as I want to settle down here for good.
    tl;dr: Middle Eastern men are more often than not too closeminded for me and they're so booooring :P (ofc there are always exceptions)

(Original post by queen-bee)
    You will always face the problem of 'white guys' being wary of you once you tell them where you're originally from and most probably wouldn't want to be in a relationship with someone,like you, who's from a muslim background and has muslim family etc.
    That being said,you can give it a try,i'm sure some would love to and others maybe not so much.

(Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    I'm guessing they wouldn't want to deal with, what could be a very religious Muslim family.

(Original post by daisychain_)
    Well my family isn't religious either (in fact one of my parents is an atheist) and yes I'm Turkish. Our country is more or less in a gray area between Europe and the Middle East. Especially the big cities are largely modernised but it's still a fairly different culture from Western Europe.

Thanks for the positive responders by the way

Hell no. I grew up as a Brit in the Middle East, and I know that if I was lucky, the girl would just get in trouble and get told off. If I was unlucky, I'd end up upside down in a gutter somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Here's your answer:

tl;dr: Middle Eastern men are more often than not too closeminded for me and they're so booooring :P (ofc there are always exceptions)
    lol you are right but thats your culture though.
    you just gotta accept it and be a good middle eastern girl with your hijab and your henna

you just gotta accept it and be a good middle eastern girl with your hijab and your henna
    LOL troll. I've never worn a hijab in my life, nor do any of my friends

ReputationRep:
    i meant why dont you just date a middle eastern man.
    Surely your cultures would be the same,like the same music,food etc
    Because she'd have to hold the "Sorry I can't date you; you're white" mentality against the majority of boys in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    Not all middle easterners are muslims,smh

ReputationRep:
    Persian chicks are hot.

ReputationRep:
    Would definitely sleep with but would be apprehensive of the Muslim family giving me aggro about it etc I would probably think it's more trouble than its worth tbh but if theirs evidence to the contrary then why not

Well she is right, Turkey is a bit between Europe and Middle East and more open minded than other Muslim countries, but it still hard to find a rightly open minded partner. She was right about the survey about sex before marriage. Noone really honest about being open minded, and can be the one easily judged by others. This leading some Turkish people to have a non-Turkish partners.

ReputationRep:
    I'm from a (relatively) liberal Middle Eastern country, currently in my first year at uni. I was raised in a Muslim culture but I'm not religious at all and I'm usually attracted to European guys. However I feel like they back off when I tell them my home country. I'm not really into boys from my culture, but I may also come across as being reserved compared to British girls as I don't wear revealing clothes or get involved in casual hookups.

Anyway title says it all really.
    Hi where are you in England ? I live in the North west, if you want to know more just ask, Graham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Of course we should be wary.

anyway there is a HUGE difference between an Arab and a Persian.. so it depends

ReputationRep:
    What country are you from?

I'm Palestinian, and Christian. I look middle eastern, and have tanned skin, dark eyes and hair. However, I love white guys, especially with light hair and eyes, and none have never shown any hate/dislike to me or my culture.

I hope you have good luck! xx

ReputationRep:
    White guys aren't all the tbh
    I'm a Levantine Arab and only attracted to Lebanese, Turkish and Persians

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.