The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Mate to be honest you should catch her in the act what she did is really really ****ty , the hotel with your money. Man confront her while shes in the act and end it there.
Maybe you should issue her with a plain-looking invoice, with extra costs to offset emotional damage.
Dump her but when you do, tell her it's because you don't want to be with her/don't love her anymore. Even better, do it by text. And make it quite blunt. It's vague, she won't get any real 'closure' from it and it will fill her with self-doubt, make her question herself a bit. That's the closest thing to making her feel as you do and getting her just desserts.
I would confront her.....

However, catching her on camera and posting it on YouTube could be more satisfying.
Original post by JohnnytheFox
No wonder she's cheating on you. I'd want to cheat too if my boyfriend has the sense of humour of a 12 year old.

Yes, clearly he is the immature out of the two of you.
Cut her off and don't speak to her ever again, that's what I'd do
You're not going to forward all those pictures of both of them to everyone on her contacts list from her phone? That's very noble of you. I hope you are busy severing any financial/accommodation/etc ties in the background. Don't look back.
How did you know she'd used your money for the hotel? I'm sure you could ask why she went to the hotel checked in for two, or something along those lines to get her to admit it.
Reply 28
Dump her and when she asks why say no reason, and the fear and guilt will soon eat her
You need to confront her! She doesn't deserve someone as committed as you if she isn't too. Maybe she just isn't feeling the same anymore but it's still no reason to cheat and she should of spoken to you about it.
Talk to her about it and finish her!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kyjai
If I were you, I'd act oblivious until just before she goes out saturday, and then just before she goes out say something like "tell Aaron I said hey", this will shock her and confront her last minute, as well as giving her the impression that you don't care, which will probably hurt her too

This is an absolutely wonderful idea. I smiled a lot. Best to make the best of a bad situation OP and go with this.
Original post by *Incognito
I've been with my girlfriend for 3 years, we are both 23. Our relationship has been healthy and happy, until now.
A few weeks ago I noticed my girlfriend was spending more time of her phone than usual. (Sending and receiving texts)
I did mention it to her, and she said she was in a group conversation with her friends from uni and that they are all planning on meeting up sometime soon, hence why she's been on her phone so much. I completely understood, and that was that. Until, one day whilst we were sitting at the table doing work she needed the toilet and left her phone unlocked on the table with me. I saw the opportunity to go on her phone and make a funny Twitter and facebook status on her account, as you do.
As I was doing this I saw she received a message from a guy called Aaron. Now, at this point I was a bit confused because we are both fully aware of each others friends and colleagues and never have I seen or heard of someone called Aaron. Naturally I opened the message to see who this guy was (Its worth noting that I had no intention to 'catch her out', and I never thought for a second she could be cheatin on me, I was just curious.)
The message said "Hey hot stuff, still up for next Saturday?". Obviously I wasn't expecting that, and alarm bells started to ring as she told me she was going to see her friend, Amy, from university, for the night on Saturday. I scrolled through the messages from Aaron, and things just got worse. They were talking about sex positions and what they want to do to each other and had even sent nudes. My heart sank! It wasn't until I reached the top of the conversation I died inside. It turns out that two weekends ago, they had slept with each other, she had told me she was with another uni friend. Instead she was having sex with this Aaron in a hotel paid for with my money.
I heard the toilet flush and quickly put the phone back to how she had left it. I said nothing to her about it, and still haven't. It's been two days since this happened.
I don't know what to do. Part of me wants to follow her next Saturday, and catch her in the Act. Another part of me wants to tell her right here right now. Obviously this is the end of the relationship. I just want to end it in a way that puts me on top and in a good position. Help!

Oh my god, please leave her. You're clearly a fair minded, mature guy- and that on its own makes you the better person, so don't worry about doing anything concrete to gain the upper hand. Your doing that by being you.

She's betrayed your trust, she's deceived you.. You're worth more than this. And there's more to life than giving people like that the time of day.
Reply 32
Thanks for the advice guys.

She shouldn't be upset over the fact I've been on her phone, as shes done it to me before.

I just want to make her feel an inch of what I feel.

Get that guys number and text him from your phone telling her she is cheating on him with you and you have proof. Then follow her and look at her reaction, it will be priceless.
I've been with my girlfriend for 3 years, we are both 23. Our relationship has been healthy and happy, until now.
A few weeks ago I noticed my girlfriend was spending more time of her phone than usual. (Sending and receiving texts)
I did mention it to her, and she said she was in a group conversation with her friends from uni and that they are all planning on meeting up sometime soon, hence why she's been on her phone so much. I completely understood, and that was that. Until, one day whilst we were sitting at the table doing work she needed the toilet and left her phone unlocked on the table with me. I saw the opportunity to go on her phone and make a funny Twitter and facebook status on her account, as you do.
As I was doing this I saw she received a message from a guy called Aaron. Now, at this point I was a bit confused because we are both fully aware of each others friends and colleagues and never have I seen or heard of someone called Aaron. Naturally I opened the message to see who this guy was (Its worth noting that I had no intention to 'catch her out', and I never thought for a second she could be cheatin on me, I was just curious.)
The message said "Hey hot stuff, still up for next Saturday?". Obviously I wasn't expecting that, and alarm bells started to ring as she told me she was going to see her friend, Amy, from university, for the night on Saturday. I scrolled through the messages from Aaron, and things just got worse. They were talking about sex positions and what they want to do to each other and had even sent nudes. My heart sank! It wasn't until I reached the top of the conversation I died inside. It turns out that two weekends ago, they had slept with each other, she had told me she was with another uni friend. Instead she was having sex with this Aaron in a hotel paid for with my money.
I heard the toilet flush and quickly put the phone back to how she had left it. I said nothing to her about it, and still haven't. It's been two days since this happened.
I don't know what to do. Part of me wants to follow her next Saturday, and catch her in the Act. Another part of me wants to tell her right here right now. Obviously this is the end of the relationship. I just want to end it in a way that puts me on top and in a good position. Help!

loooooool have you noticed how nearly everyone gets caught like this? If you're cheating, why would you leave your phone out like that unless you wanna be caught lmao

ohhhh... and about your situation (i nearly forgot lol).. Ehm, I tend to take the passive-aggressive approach. In other words, don't confront her at all. Delete/block her from everything, cut off all links you have with her and ignore her forever. She'll realise that you clocked on sooner or later and the guilt will gradually eat her up from inside. But it's only doable if you have the willpower to resist contact... So u gotta have balls to take that route

Make her suffer muhahahaha
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 34

I'd say end it/talk to her now! If you follow her it will just build up all the negative feelings. If you talk to her now, you can walk away feeling like the good guy because you haven't done anything wrong and you confronted her with maturity. Whereas, if you follow her, that's not mature at all and will be really rather traumatic for all of you.

Good luck either way though.
Biggest thing you can do is to completely end the relationship without even telling her. Just pack your stuff and leave, she doesn't deserve an explanation
(edited 9 years ago)
receiving messages like that doesn't mean she's cheating...try to catch her red handed at first
GET RID OF HER! She doesn't care about you, so don't cry about her.. maybe burn her belongings if that helps!!
Just take it easy, and dont use violence for gods sake.
Please can we keep this on topic and sensible, any offensive posts or posts encouraging the use of violence will be removed and users warned, thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending