Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Being rejected from all my unis watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Incubator)
    I think you need to get your head out of your own arse mate! All I ever see you do on TSR is talk about yourself! But then again, what do I expect from a website like this?!
    I apologised. I realised it was an uncalled for comment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkCrayon)
    Thanks for the advice, pharmacy is what I really want to do, and the foundation year seems like a good option but that would mean an extra year (and pharmacy is already 4 years) and extra costs so I would have to think about that. I really do hope I get the grades I need for pharmacy by the end of the year, so yeah if exams go well I might phone the unis up for a August placement. Gosh I wish I could just skip this year.
    Listen. Don't worry about the extra costs. You pay back based on what you earn not on what you have borrowed (well in a student loan) and an extra year will probably not have an effect on the amount you pay back unless you earn a very large amount (in which case it won't matter)

If you get good grades clearing is also an option.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChiefKeef)
    Sorry to hear that, What you could do is smash all your exams plus your retakes and go through clearing.
    In sha Allah with amazing grades you can get into a top uni like kings for Pharmacy, which is what one of my colleagues did!
    Best of luck
    -J.A
    Thank you! Yepp that is my plan, just have to keep myself motivated now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    Dunno what you expected with those dissapointing grades, to say the least.

All the best with your re-takes but really it should've never come to that.
    It's called your ego it fills us with a sense of relentless power and confines us to a world in a mind in which we think about vengeance and power.

The bigger it grows the more deceiving we become, anger and hate fills the ego and so we harvest in our own mind until it becomes part of us and ultimately becomes involved in the things we say and do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goobypls)
    It's called your ego it fills us with a sense of relentless power and confines us to a world in a mind in which we think about vengeance and power.

The bigger it grows the more deceiving we become, anger and hate fills the ego and so we harvest in our own mind until it becomes part of us and ultimately becomes involved in the things we say and do.
    It really wasn't intentional to make anyone feel bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goobypls)

Honestly, all I ever see this guy do is talk about himself. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gideon123)
    Hey i had similar AS grades and after retaking during my a2 i managed to get much better... there is no reason why you cant do the same. i know many people who flopped AS and some who got a lot worse than ccd and they managed to get A's and B's overall. all the content will come alot easier to you when learning it second time round so dont stress too much put the work in and you will get in to a pharmacy course... listen we have all been there, me included, but try to be motivated and you can do it!! good luck!!
    Thank you! Yeah i've realised that a lot of people have been in the same boat which does give me motivation, just gotta put my head down and work hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    It really wasn't intentional to make anyone feel bad.
    The ego just comes and go's just like that, one minute you're relentless the other helpless and the sudden realization of the words or actions, pity and apologetic persona arrives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reallydontknow)
    Listen. Don't worry about the extra costs. You pay back based on what you earn not on what you have borrowed (well in a student loan) and an extra year will probably not have an effect on the amount you pay back unless you earn a very large amount (in which case it won't matter)

If you get good grades clearing is also an option.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha thanks, yeah im not that worried about costs as much, 5 years though still seems traumatizing but yepp clearing is my first option though.

ReputationRep:
    Foundation years are your best friend

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.