Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Last question I promise but how did you do your presentation? did u find research and put it onto word and PowerPoint then print them off and use them as handouts? because I'm thinking of printing off the slides and word document as backups to present from and refer too and once there I have no access to any computer facilities

ReputationRep:
    I wrote mine on word and printed it off. I think that's what most do anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How quickly did you find out your result after the assessment centre?

ReputationRep:
    I think it was about an hour or so, ish...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    excellent what are you looking to go into when you have completed your exams with bdo will u stay with the company? and is there a specific role you want to move into

ReputationRep:
    I've not decided yet, five years is a long time. I'll probably leave BDO, they're fantastic to work for but there's so much more I want to experience yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well after 5 years I would be looking to progress as far as possible but obviously it depends on if I get this job with bdo and also how much I enjoy my time there? If I don't I would see our my 5 years and then apply to big 4 when I leave. The role iv applied for at the moment is meant to be quite varied though as it's business services and accounting so it's not just audit it covers a wide range of jobs so I'm told

ReputationRep:
    got the job so feel free to ask any questions ill try to help

ReputationRep:
    Congrats, where are you joining? And September or December?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guildford and September, quick question are you given anything with the job such as phone or tablet or laptop?

ReputationRep:
    Cool, you get a laptop first year. They give work phones to seniors.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How often are u at somewhere other than your work office, so another location or another office?

ReputationRep:
    Constantly hahaha I'm up in Aberdeen just now actually, painfully long drive up though😒😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do they pay for your travel to clients workplaces and other offices?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah anything over 10 miles away from your office. If it's too far to travel each day they'll get you a hotel and pay for food. Well, you pay it, but they'll give it all back to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuickQuestion1)
    Do they pay for your travel to clients workplaces and other offices?

Hey,

Congrats on your job offer. I have the assessment centre coming up, can you please just walk me through with some info on each stage of the day? Happy with my presentation but struggling to understand the other three, any tips are welcome!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    replied via message

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuickQuestion1)
    replied via message
    Could you give me a quick idea of what you had to do in the in tray exercise please?
    Did your presentation last the full 20 mins or was it shorter?

ReputationRep:
    It's a letter buddy, and nope mine was 15 ish

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.