Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got an Audi A1. 1.6 litre engine, wouldn't like to share how much it cost but let's just say in excess of £15000...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanTaylor)
    I've got an Audi A1. 1.6 litre engine, wouldn't like to share how much it cost but let's just say in excess of £15000...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who'd spend over £15k on an incredibly boring, normal car. Audi A1's are for incompetent female drivers. They don't offer performance, they don't offer handling, they offer ok MPG (could easily be beaten by a diesel Fiesta or the like) and they are incredibly boring to look at.

Let's not forget that it will have plenty of depreciation to do and will be worth about £7000 in less than 2 years.

No one would spend that much on a first car, especially not one that's going to half it's value in a year or two, and especially not one that's so gash.

ReputationRep:
    My first car was a present from my uncle. It's a Jeep Wrangler Sahara, its a 4.0l straight 6 and it's a convertible so in the summer I can take the roof off and strap my surfboards to the roll cage when I go to the beach. They have gone up in value recently so now a 1998 model the same spec as mine is worth about £6000

ReputationRep:
    1998 rover 400 bubble for 700 quid.. have had many cars since with 3 times the engine and 5 times the power and I still miss it the most! had some amazing memories in that thing

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.