Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How come girls obsess over boy bands? Watch

ReputationRep:
    The equivalent for young boys is football. Pretty much every boy in my year at primary school supported a football team and played football at/after school. Fast forward to the end of secondary school and half of them (after least) were no longer interested at all. Just part of acceptance in a group... I'm sure plenty of the '1D' gang now will, in a few years, buy their first Nirvana or Guns N' Roses t-shirt... when it suddenly becomes cooler to be a bit different to everyone else instead of fitting in.
    Definitely what seemed to happen when I was at school anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Because they look pretty and sing about love and flowers and all that ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awkwardshortguy)
    That's interesting but don't young boys want to escape reality, too? Where are all the boys wearing pussycat dolls merchandise?
    The model doesn't talk about specifically girls, just parasocial relationships in general, I know this thread is about girls but that's a general model

ReputationRep:
    Just look at what's trending on twitter at the moment, it's genuinely almost scary. I'm not as devoted to people who actually write their own songs and lyrics and whose music has any semblance of a deeper meaning.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.