Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Muslims:are you allowed to date watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Although I can't Judge that girl based on her clothing, it really does spoil the image of what Islam is really about. Females in Islam are seen as diamonds that are supposed to be treasured and protected for the one (the one being your husband). The reason being is that women are precious and respected in Islam. if somebody gave you a sweet which one would you take? The one with the wrapper on it, or the one without the wrapper? Similarly, women in Islam must save themselves and remain pure until the time of marriage (as does the husband).

I am a western Muslim who has never dated and I certainly don't wear reveling clothing. I do these things willingly as I have self respect. I don't want to be looked at in inappropriate ways and I'd rather leave the drama of dating.
    Islam was great once, but the interpretations of the Quran, IMHO, have little relevance today.

ReputationRep:
    It was forbidden in Arabia 1400 years ago, why should it be different now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    It was forbidden in Arabia 1400 years ago, why should it be different now?
    Because the circumstances were different then, the, there was widespread lawlessness and many female children were abducted and raped, thus, Mohammed thought that creating a pan-universal banner of Islam and introducing stringent punishment might actually protect the Arabian women. Never look at religion the way it is today, look at it as it was when it was founded...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spandy)
    Because the circumstances were different then, the, there was widespread lawlessness and many female children were abducted and raped, thus, Mohammed thought that creating a pan-universal banner of Islam and introducing stringent punishment might actually protect the Arabian women. Never look at religion the way it is today, look at it as it was when it was founded...
    I thought the Quran was supposed to be timeless...

ReputationRep:
    Religion is personal.
    Some Muslims feel it's okay to date, however some don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    I thought the Quran was supposed to be timeless...
    From a philosophical point of view, I feel that Mohammed meant that it can be applicable @ different points of time. Should the world today fall again into the depravity of the dark ages, then a firm order that propagates a strict regime, like the Quran, will be welcome again, to restore normalcy, but in today's world, the Quran's applications are very limited.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Although I can't Judge that girl based on her clothing, it really does spoil the image of what Islam is really about. Females in Islam are seen as diamonds that are supposed to be treasured and protected for the one (the one being your husband). The reason being is that women are precious and respected in Islam. if somebody gave you a sweet which one would you take? The one with the wrapper on it, or the one without the wrapper? Similarly, women in Islam must save themselves and remain pure until the time of marriage (as does the husband).

I am a western Muslim who has never dated and I certainly don't wear reveling clothing. I do these things willingly as I have self respect. I don't want to be looked at in inappropriate ways and I'd rather leave the drama of dating.
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Are you for real!!
    How is comparing women to possesions respectful. I honestly don't get why muslims believe women should be honoured to be treated as posssions and hidden from sight by their owners. It is a degrading way to view fellow human beings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleangel9914)
    Poll
    Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.