Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Your six most Liked politicians in the UK active today watch

ReputationRep:
    Eric pickles.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I like Boris only for the comedy he brings, the rest of them I couldn't give a **** if they all died tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Alex Salmond (My favorite politician. Principled. When Westminster suggested that he couldn't do this that or the other, he had an answer each time).
    Caroline Lucas (A tiger in the House!! And she represents her constituents well...)
    George Galloway (Entertaining, but principled in his beliefs. Yes, he's outspoken, but he's got a point...)
    Simon Hughes (Steers the more liberal faction of the party well...)
    Charles Kennedy (One of the few Lib-Dems with a backbone...)
    John Prescott (Not just a career politician, unlike most MPs...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief Wiggum)
    ''the honourable member for the early 20th century''

ReputationRep:
    Hannan, Rees-Mogg, Redwood, Hague, Dave, George.

Last two because they're doing such a generally wonderful job at the moment.

(Original post by Rinsed)
    1. Daniel Hannan. Political idol. Love his intelligent, principled, liberal, Eurosceptic brand of politics.
    He's such a great orator. I could listen to his speeches and those of JRM all day. In fact they're basically my top two, along with Hague. The others are acting as place-fillers really.

Bah can't find the best one, the occupy wall street debate, but this is good enough:

JRM:

Also obviously

ReputationRep:
    Dennis Skinner - Mocks the Tories continuously and stands up for important issues in the working class.
    George Galloway - Is critical of Britain imperial abuse of the world.
    Sir Peter Tapsell - Is a great speaker and brings a lot of critical subjects to the house of parliament.
    Chuka Umunna - Is in touch with people on low incomes.
    William Hague - Has been at the forefront of foreign affairs and is well suited to the job.
    Ed Millband - Might be ignorant but he has a point about the cost of living crisis.

ReputationRep:
    Eric is a boss. http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/multim...88_348372c.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnPaul_)

Journalist and the like wise

James Delingpole
    Douglas Murray
    Peter Hitchens
    David Starkey
    Melanie Philips
    Good list, although since Starkey isn't a journalist, you may as well add Roger Scruton in there to complete the essential Bongistan list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnPaul_)
    Journalist and the like wise

James Delingpole
    Douglas Murray
    Peter Hitchens
    David Starkey
    Melanie Philips

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Needs more Rod Liddle

ReputationRep:
    Its quite telling that my thread "6 most disliked politicians" has around 4 times as many views as this thread. Quite sad really...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    Hannan, Rees-Mogg, Redwood, Hague, Dave, George.

Last two because they're doing such a generally wonderful job at the moment.

He's such a great orator. I could listen to his speeches and those of JRM all day. In fact they're basically my top two, along with Hague. The others are acting as place-fillers really.

Bah can't find the best one, the occupy wall street debate, but this is good enough:

JRM:

Also obviously

Mogg and Ali G was hilarious.

I think Mogg is a bit like Boris, plays to his image on purpose.

ReputationRep:
    Michael Fabricant - energetic, youthful, and interesting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Mogg and Ali G was hilarious.

I think Mogg is a bit like Boris, plays to his image on purpose.
    I dunno, maybe, but I think the key thing with both of them is that they don't pretend to be something they're not. They come across much more genuine than a lot of others. So, I can understand why George Osborne puts on his silly look-at-how-ordinary-I-am accent, but I think a lot of people know it's not genuine and are put off by that.

ReputationRep:
    Peter Hitchens. A god compared to his brother, and most men. If he ran for my constituency, I'd help his campaign.

Farage is pretty good. Bit of a coward though, but most politicians, and people, are today. The bravest of the bunch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    I dunno, maybe, but I think the key thing with both of them is that they don't pretend to be something they're not. They come across much more genuine than a lot of others. So, I can understand why George Osborne puts on his silly look-at-how-ordinary-I-am accent, but I think a lot of people know it's not genuine and are put off by that.
    Very true.

Most liked with one being highest

1. Ed Miliband
    2. Ed Balls
    3. Douglas Alexander
    4. Harriet Harman
    5. Dennis Skinner
    6. Reserved for the second coming of David

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)

6: Godfrey Bloom: Purely for the comedy factor and cos he shows that Ukip likes to be PC too.
    Agree.

Do you think he had bipolar though ?

Perhaps Bloom is right, UKIP are becoming too normal and boring. No, they must remain the alternative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by democracyforum)
    Agree.

Do you think he had bipolar though ?

Perhaps Bloom is right, UKIP are becoming too normal and boring. No, they must remain the alternative
    I wouldn't know to be honest.

Other than the funny stuff he did, ie hitting that journalist with his manifesto.

Ukip have always been PC, just right wing PC (no jokes about dead soldiers or the monarchy etc) rather than left wing PC (no jokes about poor people or black/brown people). Ian his lop of private eye has noted that ukip members seem to be the most sensitive when it comes to laughing at politicians and parties.

ReputationRep:
    Len McCluskey
    Salma Yaqoob
    Dennis Skinner
    George Galloway
    John Prescott
    Michael Heseltine

Because they all worked real jobs before entering politics, consistently stand up for their beliefs and consequently relate to issues facing ordinary people. They don't need focus groups to know what to campaign for. Not to say any of them are perfect but I would elect any of these over your average neoliberal stooge who spent their pre-political life as a politician's assistant or working a cushy desk job in daddy's friends business. Politics would be great if it had more of these sorts in and I guarantee our issues with low turnout would disappear.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.