Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by capitalismstinks)
    Yes, NHS service is unfortunately not very good.
    brb life expectancy increasing year after year
    brb having my blood oxygenated outside my body by an ECMO machine
    brb being given thousands of pound worth of theraputic monoclonal antibodies
    brb having my home assessed for accessibility and being given countless tools to improve my activities of daily living
    brb seeing my community midwife every 2-3 weeks
    brb having physiotherapy for my broken arm
    brb paying £0

Only a few generations ago, people were dying of simple chest infections because they couldn't afford to see a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Etomidate)
    brb having my blood oxygenated outide my body by an ECMO machine
    brb having my home assessed for accessibility and being given countless tools to improve my activities of daily living
    brb paying £0
    u wot m8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Etomidate)
    brb having my blood oxygenated outside my body by an ECMO machine
    brb paying £0

Only a few generations ago, people were dying of simple chest infections because they couldn't afford to see a doctor.

I didn't say the HNS didn't function, although it barely does so, i just meant the service was shabby.

The NHS compared to private is the difference between flying economy or business class. The NHS is strained to the limit. It works, just about, but the service could be so much better, and not just for patients, but also for its staff, who are underpaid and over worked.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by capitalismstinks)
    I didn't say the HNS didn't function, although it barely does so, i just meant the service was shabby.

The NHS compared to private is the difference between flying economy or business class. The NHS is strained to the limit. It works, just about, but the service could be so much better, and not just for patients, but also for its staff, who are underpaid and over worked.
    Indeed. One is affordable and one sure as hell isn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Balloon Baboon)
    Would you rather pay for all treatment like they do in other parts of the world?
    There's no such things as a free lunch. The NHS isn't free. We pay for it through our taxes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MKultra101)
    There's no such things as a free lunch. The NHS isn't free. We pay for it through our taxes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There's a giant difference. Take a look how much treatment is in the U.S compared.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.