Stupid rules that are set by society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    women shouldn't propose to men

ReputationRep:
    Ladies first

ReputationRep:
    Desserts come after the mains

If your parents disagree with your life decisions, the life decisions are stupid and wrong because older people always know best.

ReputationRep:
    Male nipples are totally acceptable. Female nipples are dirty and must be hidden.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SnoochToTheBooch)
    Male nipples are totally acceptable. Female nipples are dirty and must be hidden.
    Dirty? Wouldn't say dirty at all, quite the contrary.

ReputationRep:
    that the government are able to say what is 'illegal' for drugs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heeee)
    Dirty? Wouldn't say dirty mate at all, quite the contrary.
    Well obviously not lol, they're grrrrrreat. But I won't see any topless girls down at the swimming pool.

ReputationRep:
    Well obviously not lol, they're grrrrrreat. But I won't see any topless girls down at the swimming pool.
    Which makes the majority of male minds dirty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joshale)
    that the government are able to say what is 'illegal' for drugs.
    :confused:

How can it be a stupid rule of society that a government can decide what is illegal? Society forms governments specifically for that purpose.

Did you mean something other than 'illegal'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heart'n'Soul)
    You must eat with your right hand
    Which society are you from?

I've never heard this in the UK, although I know it's important in some cultures.

ReputationRep:
    If you criticise/critique immigration/multiculturalism you must be a bigot/racist :rolleyes:

(Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    Handshakes as an appropriate form of greeting someone you've never met. Urgh
    (Original post by Simes)
    Not being allowed to say "I love you" to someone in public.
    Say what!? :erm:

(Original post by Simes)
    Not being allowed to scratch in certain places or adjust your underwear no matter how much discomfort you are in.
    Easily remedied :jebus:

(Original post by redferry)
    Any form of shaving
    That's not a universal rule per sae, it's a requirement if you want to get laid (more than the one time, with most discerning men)

(Original post by SA-1)
    "Customer is always right" smh
    Customer is king,* and that is a good rule, that plenty of customer service personnel could do with re-visiting these days :unimpressed:

(Original post by LonelyDemon)
    women shouldn't propose to men
    Men can deal with crushing rejection, women simply aren't programmed for that ****, plus it's emasculating

Male nipples are totally acceptable. Female nipples are dirty and must be hidden
    If I felt we could trust men to behave respectfully I'd advocate women feeling free to wander around topless. That said, men going around without a shirt on is often somewhat frowned upon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    That's not a universal rule per sae, it's a requirement if you want to get laid (more than the one time, with most discerning men)
    I meant for men and women.

More beards and more hairy vaginas and/or legs and armpits.

Equality for all.

Also beards are the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    Any form of shaving.
    I mean...

There are some pretty obvious practical benefits of not having a beard down to your waist. You don't get food stuck in it, for a start. All the same, I'd agree that there's a lot more shaving going on in today's society than is really necessary.

ReputationRep:
    That you have to eat certain things for breakfast and anything that deviates is weird and you should never eat more than once, most definitely not on a regular basis and you should return to eating toast and cereal asap. Like a NORMAL person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    I mean...

There are some pretty obvious practical benefits of not having a beard down to your waist. You don't get food stuck in it, for a start. All the same, I'd agree that there's a lot more shaving going on in today's society than is really necessary.
    Hey I said shaving not trimming.

Trim away, fine.

Feel you have to shave your face/legs/chest/vagina/back/armpits even though it is uncomfortable and money consuming, not cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    :confused:

How can it be a stupid rule of society that a government can decide what is illegal? Society forms governments specifically for that purpose.

Did you mean something other than 'illegal'?
    no I mean how we can get arrested for taking illegal drugs.
    If I want to take drugs then it's not the government decision to decide whether or not I can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebony19)
    That you have to eat certain things for breakfast
    Quite.

Cold, left-over, take-away curry for breakfast FTW!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joshale)
    no I mean how we can get arrested for taking illegal drugs.
    If I want to take drugs then it's not the government decision to decide whether or not I can
    Of course it is and of course it should be since your taking drugs can negatively affect others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    Quite.

Cold, left-over, take-away curry for breakfast FTW!
    Don't be leaving out the ol' cold pizza now

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.