• Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by TheBBQ)
    These.

Also, buy myself a harem.
    :slap:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, what would I do?

-Use it to pay for my university education and accommodation firstly-So that'll be around £30-£40 thousand I guess.
    -Put just over 10% of it into a trust fund for the future(£1 million)
    -Put 20-30%(£3 million) into various investments in high return stocks to generate further money that I would use to do philanthropic type stuff for charities, so I guess 50% of returns I make on investments would go to charitable organisations, largely in animal welfare and care for the elderly as two of the biggies, a lot would go to medical institutions
    -£1 million would be reserved for me to buy general stuff though I would be safe with it, you know its the "fun" money I guess to buy cool tech(Microsoft Hololens anybody ), a fairly nice house(around £200-300 thousand), maybe a decent car(£100,000).
    -I'd give another £1 million to member of my family, my mum getting the most(probably £500,000), my Dad probably less because he's paid well already lol, maybe my sister would get £100,000.
    -That would leave me with just under £3 million left which I would not know what to do with.

ReputationRep:
    -£2.5m to charities
    -£1m to my mum
    -£0.5 m in cars and bikes
    -£0.8 man cave / house in the Cairngorms
    -Travel the world
    -Set up small business
    - A few other things

ReputationRep:
    Pay off student loans, buy a modest house, pay off mum's mortgage, budget £5m to give myself £50,000 a year to live off for the next 100 years (may as well be optimistic), split the remainder between sensible investments, charity, emergency funds and a "screw it, I'm rich" expense account for irresponsible purchases.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Just want to hear what you'll do with £9,000,000. What do you go out and buy, how you'd spend it, where do you spend it, would you invest in a business, would you invest in a better life style, what your split will be etc.
    I would buy The White House and have an orgy, on a national level. That is, an orgy with myself and women. And no, i wouldnt need to pay them. M'kay.

ReputationRep:
    Buy 100,000 chickens and flood the streets?

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to give it all to charity, although realistically I don't think I would. The usual house/car/holidays etc.

ReputationRep:
    £2m - charity
    £1m - new house + car
    £2m - new houses to rent out
    £2m - invest in gold
    £2m - own a fast good franchise

ReputationRep:
    Live on it. Give up work, pay my parents debts, be a landlord etc. and go back to volunteering in a bookshop like I used to. Get my librarian qualification and get more people to read!

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably spend 1,5 million on a primary residence, 400k on a secondary residence, 150k on a car, and save the rest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Just want to hear what you'll do with £9,000,000. What do you go out and buy, how you'd spend it, where do you spend it, would you invest in a business, would you invest in a better life style, what your split will be etc.
    Well firstly at that amount i'd probably no longer work, £10m is the mark i'd thought of but at £9m i'd make do.

£2m - Houses and cars (big house, villas, apartments in major cities, chalet, main car would be something like a Bentley Flying Spur (chauffeur driven), second car would be something fast)
    £1m - Spending money

£1m - 4 houses rented out somewhere like Nottingham
    £1m - Stock portfolio
    £1m - Small businesses (probably a pub, cafe, florist, potentially a flower or crop farm)

£1m - Divided between mother, father, step father, sister, half brother and step brother (paid out at £1k per month)

£1m - Saved for a rainy day

Any excess above that (in this case £1m) would probably be added to my global property purchase (want villa in Italy, Chalet in France, apartments in London, New York, Sydney, Toronto, Hong Kong) then once that is complete it would be added to my investments.

Buy a cute little cottage in a village in the countryside (preferably Yorkshire:teeth:) and live my life there.

I'd also give some money to my sister.

ReputationRep:
    Give 8 million to charity and keep 1 million for my family.

ReputationRep:
    Invest it, in the always useful, human chess set.

ReputationRep:
    tonk 1 million on a flat in central london. have a child. pay for masters.
    set 100k a year to live on with 5 million (and also work). that's 50 years.

probably buy other houses to be honest and set them to be reasonably low (but profitable) rents. Earn enough money to buy up residential projects, convert entirely into affordable housing. Solve housing crisis in london. Save a million to help out friends or family.

ReputationRep:
    Buy a company.

ReputationRep:
    £2million to parents
    £2million to friends and family
    £2million to charity (cancer research)
    £3million for myself (buy a house, then put the rest in the bank and live off the interest: 1% interest is £30,000 per year purely as spending money since I'd have no mortgage and not have to work. Means I've done a little good, and can live a comfortable life where I don't have to work!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Pay off existing student loan and pay for the rest of uni in cash (no, I wouldn't drop out)
    Probably take at least 1 year off after finishing my degree
    probably not until after graduation, look for a nice place in the country with a modest amount of land
    Couple of nice cars, one fast and sporty the other more of an old man car for more practical purposes
    spoil myself generally
    Invest most of it
    maybe pay off my sisters mortgage and buy her an evoke
    buy a racehorse coz why the hell not

exact proportions, not a clue, whatever I need for all but the investment and then most of what's left invested.

ReputationRep:
    buy TSR and sack all the Mods

ReputationRep:
    you buying your house p
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    Buy a cute little cottage in a village in the countryside (preferably Yorkshire:teeth:) and live my life there.

I'd also give some money to my sister.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.