Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do not have anyone to be a guarantor for my student accommodation, what do i do? watch


    (Original post by Josb)
    Thanks, that make sense.
    I just hope that I won't be considered as a 18yo brat blowing daddy's money/student loan on booze if I have a scholarship for a PhD at a prestigious university.
    It's not about how responsible they consider you as such. The letting agent/landlord won't be making a value judgement on you. They will probably do a credit check. If you have a poor/no credit history, or your income is too low, they will ask for a guarantor. It's perfectly normal for working adults to be asked for guarantors by landlords if their income is too low or if, for some other reason, the landlord is worried about their ability to pay.

    If you want to avoid this, then offer to pay 6 months rent up front.

    Also, please do consider the tone of your posts, there's no need to be deliberately provocative towards other posters.
How are you feeling about your exams?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.


Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.