Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YounesB)
    SOMEONE needs to kick me up the backside because this has been the third time I have completely neglected my timetables!

Finally, the pressure is here and I can force myself to work
    Hi Younes, my advice would be not to overload yourself on revision on one day but still do enough. That way you wont put it off completely as you'll be like there isnt too much to do. and that will stop the days that go without revision hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by underestimate)
    Hi Younes, my advice would be not to overload yourself on revision on one day but still do enough. That way you wont put it off completely as you'll be like there isnt too much to do. and that will stop the days that go without revision hopefully

What great advice! That's exactly my problem. I feel daunted when I see the amount of work I need to do and just quit instantly!

Thank you very much!

ReputationRep:
    What great advice! That's exactly my problem. I feel daunted when I see the amount of work I need to do and just quit instantly!

Thank you very much!
    Yep, that's how I used to be like, planning to do so much and not getting it done and hope it helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by underestimate)
    Yep, that's how I used to be like, planning to do so much and not getting it done and hope it helps

what education are you in currently?

ReputationRep:
    what education are you in currently?
    I am doing A levels.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, read about the things I've learnt about my study habits this week and what I plan to resolve these issues.

Also, you can read a brief review of how the mock exams I've had so far went!

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    The start of 'real' revision and beginning of a new fitness programme for stress relief and the summer!

ReputationRep:
    How did you achieve an A* in history?
    A* successful tips & skills.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inachigeek21)
    How did you achieve an A* in history?
    A* successful tips & skills.

Well, firstly, I did it in year 10 when I only sat 2 GCSE's. History and Spanish. I did no revision for Spanish so all of the little time I had for revision was devoted to History.

I say little because I used (still do sometimes) sleep at 9pm without fail.

After you've learnt all the content by making timelines, mindmaps, notes and FLASHCARDS - focus on exam practice by reading the EXAMINERS REPORT.

These reports were sooooo useful to me and will be for you.

Flashcards are also useful for just before the exam. Isolate yourself because people willbe screaming dates and facts from left and right. Don't let them confuse you!

Sit quietly in the corner and go over your flashcards. In the last 5 minutes, do nothing but listen to some relaxing music while you think about life.

This is what I did, exactly.

ReputationRep:
    I regret doing History in Year 9. Do you think your English skills and analysis skills you gained from English up till Y10 helped you with History In Year 10? Or would you have got an A* in Year 9 in ur opinion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umarrd)
    I regret doing History in Year 9. Do you think your English skills and analysis skills you gained from English up till Y10 helped you with History In Year 10? Or would you have got an A* in Year 9 in ur opinion?
    A* in year 9? No, never.

I did RE in year 9 and got an A. I was not at all mature enough to take History in year 9.

I don't know where this 'myth' that you need excellent english skills to get a good grade in History has come from. Sure, you need decent skills to be able to construct paragraphs and make your points logically but nothing too advanced. Remember, this is GCSE - it needs to be accessible for all years and students.

But yh, my work ethic was very different in year 9. I would have probably only got a c or something.

ReputationRep:
    Really? I generally think history is all about understanding and structure. I think that all these skills acquired from English give a helping hand in History as well as your own knowledge of the content.

ReputationRep:
    lol change of heart/mind. I am not starting revision this week. I am not bothered at all.

Im going to start in Easter (hopefully)

I can't bring myself to revise anything or do any work for that matter.

ReputationRep:
    How is your Easter Revision going?

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.