Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diseasedneckbeard)
    Birmingham = cheaper and good.

London = expensive and very good.

How come the intercalated degree is better?

Please don't throw that word around like it's nothing. I did not show dislike or prejudice against gay people.

Yeah, I would be happy at both Imperial/Birmingham but I'm now in the unexpected position of having offers from both.
    Indeed you are damn lucky.. and it's a decision you have to think through.. i get why you are interested in Birmingham.. i don't blame you.. however i am dying to go to imperial so i can't be very objective.. and since i am a girl i don't have your issue :P ahahaha i am lucky in that aspect.. ahahaha.. about the money.. well maybe that's something you should discuss with your parents if they are paying.. indeed it's a hard decision.. but i believe a lot of people would be dying to be in your shoes right now.. anyhow you have time!!

ReputationRep:
    I know I'm definitely going to Imperial

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YvT1)
    Indeed you are damn lucky.. and it's a decision you have to think through.. i get why you are interested in Birmingham.. i don't blame you.. however i am dying to go to imperial so i can't be very objective.. and since i am a girl i don't have your issue :P ahahaha i am lucky in that aspect.. ahahaha.. about the money.. well maybe that's something you should discuss with your parents if they are paying.. indeed it's a hard decision.. but i believe a lot of people would be dying to be in your shoes right now.. anyhow you have time!!
    Youre a Cypriot right
    how are you funding your degree?
    It's like £50000 a year isn't it when you include living costs
    if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LJB96)
    I know I'm definitely going to Imperial
    thats reassuring! Me as well!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm definitely going to Imperial too ^.^ Can't believe it still, feels so surreal, plus I have no exams or coursework or application stress left - super amazing feeling tbh :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hen4r)
    Hey! I'm definitely going to Imperial too ^.^ Can't believe it still, feels so surreal, plus I have no exams or coursework or application stress left - super amazing feeling tbh :')
    I feel so relieved, it really is a dream come true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Futuremedic2096)
    Youre a Cypriot right
    how are you funding your degree?
    It's like £50000 a year isn't it when you include living costs
    if you don't mind me asking?
    I am eu so it's the same as you guys.. i am not considered international.. that would have been bad.. i mean 35000 per year only to the uni and then on top of it london and its expensive accommodation would have been terrifying.. instead i pay 9000 as you and i can even ask for the loan.. haven't decided yet.. and then it's the accommodation which ok it's expensive but it's the same as for you..so i am not any different.. at least money related..

ReputationRep:
    I'm firming Imperial!! Ahhh I can't wait

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YvT1)
    I am eu so it's the same as you guys.. i am not considered international.. that would have been bad.. i mean 35000 per year only to the uni and then on top of it london and its expensive accommodation would have been terrifying.. instead i pay 9000 as you and i can even ask for the loan.. haven't decided yet.. and then it's the accommodation which ok it's expensive but it's the same as for you..so i am not any different.. at least money related..
    Ah cool
    You will be a dr at the end so it's ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hen4r)
    I'm a reapplicant so I'm on a gap year too! How are you spending the next 8 months?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kashagupta)
    I'm a reapplicant so I'm on a gap year too! How are you spending the next 8 months?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey! Ooh I don't know just yet... I'm going abroad to visit family this weekend, and when I get back I'll probably see all my friends at uni. I'll carry on working as well, I guess. I'd travel but I have no friends on a gap year, and solo travel doesn't appeal to me so I might just wait til the summer and see what happens!

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to everyone who has an offer!
    My interview is on Tuesday and im really hoping that i get an offer too! :awesome: im currently analysing my personal statement and using the isc and imperal interview books. I would very much appreciate some tips on how to prepare well and how not to mess up on the day!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Zahra~)
    Congrats to everyone who has an offer!
    My interview is on Tuesday and im really hoping that i get an offer too! :awesome: im currently analysing my personal statement and using the isc and imperal interview books. I would very much appreciate some tips on how to prepare well and how not to mess up on the day!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your prep sounds good
    Dont lose your head, or let nerves get the better of you

ReputationRep:
    So as you guys know I'm an EU applicant :P I have my offer, but I apparently need to send them a completed DBS form and a Statement of Good Conduct. I have no idea what these are. Anyone with any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozbilege)
    So as you guys know I'm an EU applicant :P I have my offer, but I apparently need to send them a completed DBS form and a Statement of Good Conduct. I have no idea what these are. Anyone with any ideas?
    They'll send the pack to you in the post when you firm or insure
    DBS- checks that you don't have a criminal record
    good conduct is like an agreement that you'll stick to rules and stuff when you're there
    they will also want jab records

ReputationRep:
    They'll send the pack to you in the post when you firm or insure
    DBS- checks that you don't have a criminal record
    good conduct is like an agreement that you'll stick to rules and stuff when you're there
    they will also want jab records
    OOOOOH so I'll have to firm it first... that's terrible cuz I'll need to wait until April to firm, then I'll have a very short time to send it back to the UK. The postal service here is BEYOND terrible.

ReputationRep:
    OOOOOH so I'll have to firm it first... that's terrible cuz I'll need to wait until April to firm, then I'll have a very short time to send it back to the UK. The postal service here is BEYOND terrible.
    I think so I don't know
    You could always fax
    But i know they send stuff out anyway

ReputationRep:
    I think so I don't know
    You could always fax
    But i know they send stuff out anyway
    Sent them an email regarding these stuff... we'll see

ReputationRep:
    Sent them an email regarding these stuff... we'll see
    Let me know what they say

ReputationRep:
    Let me know what they say
    Sure

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.