Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessybean)
    I would take time out to get rid of the panic attacks and I think the possibility you get cured increases if you spent time focussing on your mental health instead of "just medicating" them to survive work, instead of being able to teach without having to think about them. And thus I would rather find out, whether you can get back into your course without problems as soon as you health has improved and then start again. Thus suspension is not something entirely negative and a strong hint that you might take steps by yourself to ensure you can take time out and get better instead of being suspended by your "employer" (who has a possibility to keep you and the children safe, thus don't see this only negatively and find out what are the exact reaons behind that), although I have no idea what the consequences of suspension really include.

And I wouldn't be like: I don't take time out, because mental health is "easier" to treat and inability to work ownly due to misconceptions and prejudice. If you would have a broken leg, being in pain all the time, you would probably spent two month at home and not stand everyday in the classroom. As the panic attacks only came up recently I would also talk with your doctors, how they are treated the best and whether you may risk they become chronic, when you put yourself under too much stress with teaching.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.